• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ww ii bomber nurse

IRNMN

I am looking for any information on cletrac mg1 tugs. Does anyone have any resources? Any place with parts? Also have a couple of 1940's trucks looking for info on.
I'm new to the site and so far i'm not doing so good on navigating here.
Thx ken

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Looks like you don't need too much in the way of parts! Most Cletracs are a mess. Jerry Biro, 614-745-1475 will have some parts for your WXLD-3 Herc. Army Jeep parts dealers will have some instruments and lighting that is common. Other than that, you are in an exclusive club . . .

IRNMN

Welcome to the site. Looks like you don't need too much in the way of parts! Most Cletracs are a mess. Jerry Biro, 614-745-1475 will have some parts for your WXLD-3 Herc. Army Jeep parts dealers will have some instruments and lighting that is common. Other than that, you are in an exclusive club . . .

Thanks, I hope I can get the few pieces I need to complete this one and hopefully start the resteration on it. I haven't found but a few that still have tracks and not too many other than that so it is something different and will be fun to show it.
Ken

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there any similarity between the Cletrac tugs and the Clark Airborne dozers?

Monkeyboyarmy

You need to get rid of that thing.It's no good.I'll come out and dispose of it for you!;-) That is a great looking MG-1.As you can tell by my avatar,I have a fondness for them as well.Bought 1 but never got it home before someone else had to have it.I screwed up.Keep an eye out for me.Try the Cletrac forum (www.cletrac.org) .They have a military Cletrac list.What parts are you looking for?

od-gmc

Congrats on your Cletrac. I have two and between them will have a virtually 100% complete M2 plus an extra set of tracks. Main thing to be aware of is take care of the tracks. There are no replacements. Good luck.

Attachments

Monkeyboyarmy

IRNMN

Keep an eye at cletrac.org.There is a military Cletrac discussion area and classified adds section.Stil lwaiting for one to pop up for sale on there.Someone needs to sell me one!

od-gmc

I do watch the cletrac.org and several other sites. If I hear of any others coming up for sale I will let you know. The only remaining items I am looking for are the windshield wiper motor and arm and a battery cover. Other than that I have all the small, normally missing, parts.

Good luck on your hunts. These definitely fit into the unique, rarely seen military vehicle category.

Heya Guys - just to join the fray I just picked up two of these I am restoring and would love to toss around ideas for either parts sharing or making copies of some of the brackets and little bits that are always missing...

Of course both of mine are missing the genset, air compressor, and bottles...

I am also short on headlights...

As always any help is greatly appreciated - I have a decent fab shop with machine tools and a TIG machine so copying items is possible - thanks

Matt

Well then... here you go...

Just got these two and am working on collecting up the stuff to make them go...

Need to get a hold of another carb at some point... and both are missing the parts I mentioned above...

Enjoy...

Matt

The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers JEALOUSLY welcomes you aboard :grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Always remember that....
nopics

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks