• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anneville preview

Rattlewagon

anybody going to anneville soon? anyone been there and can comment on the folks there? anyone might want to meet up? or better yet look over a deuce for me? anyone want to explain to me why i want to drive 4 hours to see a deuce thats probably older than i am?

anyway, what do you guys think?

dan

Rattlewagon

i know what the website says about previews but can anyone show up and look over the stuff thats up for auction?

of course the site says no load outs on friday but it also says loadouts on monday and friday somewhere else too...

typical....

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to call Amanda or Mike and schedule a visit as it is an unmanned site (where the trucks are) Was there today looking at the CUCVs if there is something someone wants to know about. Only two bent driveshafts in the lot of them.

Rattlewagon

i am probably going to have to pass on this auction.. again...

I just cant seem to get the logistics in place in case i do get one...

how do you guys do it?!?

this is like the fourth auction i had to bail on... im about to give up

LanceRobson

For CUCVs I sometimes plan on driving back but usually use a friend's goose neck trailer to save on drama and so I don't have to coordinate for a helper.

For deuces etc, I plan on driving them back and am prepared to use a tow bar for short trips (ex.; Fort Drum=115 miles).

For longer trips, I have an agreement with a local heavy equipment hauler bring back anything that can't be driven. The price would be pretty stiff if they have to makea round trip and a lot easier to take if they can pick up on a return trip with an empty trailer.

To date, I've been fortunate. The only truck I "had" to trailer was an M1008 without third gear and reverse that was 320 miles from home. I didn't want to nurse it home on back roads at 20 MPH so since I was picking up a couple of trucks on that trip, I left it and went back a few days later with the goose neck trailer and dragged it home.

Ya' know....if you just go ahead and buy one, you'll figure out how to get it home!

Lance

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I previewed Annville yesterday. Was glad I did. Annville equipment always seems better in pics than in person. Things that I thought would be decent from the photos were rough in person. Mike is the guy you have to get with from GL. Start with Amanda though in the office. Mike is a pretty good guy.

There is a ton of equipment at the Gap. Not sure how much is headed to GL, but a lot of older stuff that we are used to. Some of it is headed to Drum (i think) as targets to get blown up. 8 818's went up there for that purpose. Hope they were rough. It was a sea of deuces and 5 tons.

I don't feel bad saying any of this as every page you click on on this site has an ad for an Annville auction.

Eco

Rattlewagon

WHAT THE!?! i went to GL's site to drool over the few that i thought about bidding on and every single one is gone from their site!!!!

what happened?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHAT THE!?! i went to GL's site to drool over the few that i thought about bidding on and every single one is gone from their site!!!!

what happened?

I still have 5 pages of auction items, showing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks