• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircraft Radio

waayfast

Hello all,I don't usually deal with radios much BUT have found a VERY nice BC348 radio set that was used in B-17 and B-24 Bombers in WWII.At least thats what the label said it was.They had printed off a Wikipedia page that explained it. Anyone have an idea whether these are a dime a dozen or rare enough I oughta blow money I don't have on it right now so eventually it will get to a proper home such as a museum or restored aircraft. Looks to be EXCELLENT shape-knobs and switches all work .The shop just opened up so I need a clue quick!! Thanks , JIM

papercu

A BC-348-H ww2 receiver sold for 51.00 on ebay (260434533879) but there seem to be a big price difference going by the last number.
A BC 348 P (160336827755) has a asking price of 350.00. Wayne

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no expert either but the last letter means a lot to collectors. What's the last letter on the p/n, after the 348?

More important is the condition. Many of these receivers were converted to run on an AC power supply instead of the original dynamotor. That involved rewiring the filaments and other changes. What's in the left rear section of the chassis? Any extra holes in the front panel?

If that one is unmodified and still has the dynamotor in it, it's worth more, but these are not rare radios.

Bob

Hello all,I don't usually deal with radios much BUT have found a VERY nice BC348 radio set that was used in B-17 and B-24 Bombers in WWII.At least thats what the label said it was.They had printed off a Wikipedia page that explained it. Anyone have an idea whether these are a dime a dozen or rare enough I oughta blow money I don't have on it right now so eventually it will get to a proper home such as a museum or restored aircraft. Looks to be EXCELLENT shape-knobs and switches all work .The shop just opened up so I need a clue quick!! Thanks , JIM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks