• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice/Opinions on Half Tents

Looking at buying some half tents, does anyone own or have suggestions on them? I.E. how does the 8.25 on. duck canvas hold up against rain and UV, is it a deal brake if they do not have tent poles, whats the size of the canvas, is there a market for selling extra if a guy ended up with more than he could use? Thanks for all:-D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know some people buy them instead of material when they need canvas. Canvas is expensive. I plan on using some to recover the seats in my trucks. I think they would make a nice bikini top for a deuce or 5ton too. I post this in case you hadn't thought of other uses. Might want to see what they sell for on Egay. Lots of them on "the auction sites" if you know what I mean.

blackwater1

I know some people buy them instead of material when they need canvas. Canvas is expensive. I plan on using some to recover the seats in my trucks. I think they would make a nice bikini top for a deuce or 5ton too. I post this in case you hadn't thought of other uses. Might want to see what they sell for on Egay. Lots of them on "the auction sites" if you know what I mean.

Gimpyrobb ----- you dont know it but you just gave me a great idea:idea: Bikini made out of OD canvas --- got to run this by my wife -- thank you:grin:

Yea I was thinking of a couple of creative uses hence the ? what size, the site I see them on most often only says there length 12'8'' no mention of width. I could expect the canvas to have some good long term use but I have Know first hand experience! Thanks for your reply Gimpyrobb

OLDCHEV4X4

I use 2 of them to cover my MEP-002. They have been on there since the begining of the year and are starting to turn grey.
I also have a couple covering my wood pile.
For tent poles i used 2 old broom sticks. Drilled and tapped one end 1/4-20, screwed in a bolt, and cut the head off.
The kids like to put on there camo, get there toy M-16's and helmits, and play in the tent. ...like father , like son:-D

Thanks for all the good feedback. I missed the close of auction today do to "another tricky day". Looks like they closed around $195.00 to $265.00 however I did not put a min. bid on the lots so I don't have a bid history to verify the closing $. Still would like to know the actual dimension for future big lot auctions:-D Thanks Mark

Chief_919

I have sold thousands of them.

As tents, they are worthless. I sell them for $3-5 each and folks use them as woodpile covers, small tarps, etc.

The best use is patch material for fixing other canvas items, and for recovering seats (but it is thinner and will not last as long as the real seat material)

Thanks for going the extra mile gimpyrobb and others! Chief_919 good to hear you can get a buck or two for them, is that with poles etc.?? My hope is to use them for a hole bunch of differant stuff around my land...

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sell complete tents for $5.00 2 halves stakes and poles. all you could want.

emr

they are great for covering the wheels and tires if out in the sun, keeps the UV rays off the rubber, just makes a set of deuls with one, also they are soft and cuddly for canvas. easy to throw over things for keeping dust off or general weather,I keep a pile, its important to have alot of canvas around...:-D

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BBoomerBootCamp, Is that Snoopy rock in the background of your avatar?

sw

NEIOWA

Is the Army still issuing the worthless POS at CIF?

The still issue a messkit? 2nd biggest POS around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks