• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the best way to get a title in someone elses name (PA)?

ClockworkSkin

I have been browsing this section of the forum for an hour or so now and I'm still unclear what the best approach to this problem is. I recently got an M35 and I'm now ready to sell it. I did not get the SF97 because I had the intent of selling it when I got it. My question, is there a way to get this titled in my buyers name without first gettng it titled in my name? I do not want to wait/spend/wait more for all of the paper work only to transfer it.

I'm in PA and I purchases a scooter (74' Vespa) that had never been titled. I was able to get the title created with a bill of sale and a rubbing of the VIN. That is what gave me the idea to try to get around the SF97 in the first place. Has anyone, specifically in PA, done this?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could sell it without title and then the new owner (Mr. or Mrs. US Citizen) will have to have the truck inspected and apply for a title through his or her states DMV, or a private title service. Your invoice is proof of your ownership, as long as all of the numbers on the invoice and truck match. Of course, when selling, the deal breaker may be that you don't have a title.
My two cents is, if you recently got it from GL, spend the $60, wait a couple of weeks to get the SF97 and title it in your name.

Last edited:

jasonjc

I know my state, they will NOT title a military truck without the SF97. And they do not like the the GL transfer of the SF97 but they took it.

englishmauser

I don't mean to sound harsh, but why would the new buyer want to go through all the trouble that you do not want to do? It will be worth more with a title.

Last edited:

ClockworkSkin

I already have a buyer lined up. Getting this titled and road-legal is all that is holding up the sale. I want this taken care of in a timely fashion. I would also prefer not to pay sales tax twice plus for the stupid SF97.

Has anyone titled a vehicle in PA without the SF97?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already have a buyer lined up. Getting this titled and road-legal is all that is holding up the sale. I want this taken care of in a timely fashion. I would also prefer not to pay sales tax twice plus for the stupid SF97.

Has anyone titled a vehicle in PA without the SF97?
No, not unless you are a dealer. The truck is worth more with a title anyway, and pa. is not real consumer friendly with titles in the first place. For instance, in Pa., in the last two years, I have bought an M1009 from the dept. of forestry that took forever to get a title because the state had 4 M1009s with the same vin # , I bough my K30 dually at a state auction that belonged to the state police, they couldn't supply me with the title at the sale because, and I quote, "they lost it" (had to wait for the state to reissue themselves a title before they could transfer one to myself) the last M1028 I bought through asset auctions the title was transferred to me by a dept. of forestry power of attorney and the d#@rn notary copied the serial # down wrong, and rather than drive the 3 hour round trip back to Tamaqua had to get a corrected title, at my expense, through my own notary. BTW, if you think GL, SF97s and EUCS are bad, wait til you get kids to college and you have to fill out the FAFSA papers for grant aid. Way worse!

ClockworkSkin

BTW, if you think GL, SF97s and EUCS are bad, wait til you get kids to college and you have to fill out the FAFSA papers for grant aid. Way worse!
Haha. I'm in school, and yes, FAFSA is like getting repeatedly kicked in the junk. I've said that you need a special degree just to understand the financing involved. Once you get the financing talen care of, you have to put up with a whole lot of liberal indoctrination. But I'm smart and I like to argue so I can dish out way more than they are used to. I digress.

As for the SF97, if the titled cannot be created without, I suppose I'll have to just fill out the stupid paperwork and get the friggin SF97. I think the turnaround time on these is decent these days. Anyone apply recently?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SF97 just ran over 2 weeks for me. The title service might be less of a headache for you, let the buyer do it and offer a credit of the fee on the sale price. Might be cheaper than the $60 GL fee plus the DMV fees. International Title and Broadway Title seem to be the big 2, charging around 2 hundred. Check the web sites to make sure using the service will work for your state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks