• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you Neil hendrix

wb1895

Several weeks ago I posted in a thread about the Uwahrrie Rally in NC. I am stuck here in Iraq and that rally was 30 minutes from my home. This was one of my first posts and I was welcomed on this site from the start.

Soon after that post I was sent a PM by Neil hendrix. Neil wanted to know my address here in Iraq so he could send me a gift. After a couple weeks of waiting I got the gift from Neil.

I was amazed to find a Steel Soldiers T-shirt, a SS hat and some other edible goodies. I was amazed that Neil would spend his own time and his own money to send ME, a complete stanger, such wonderful gifts. This is a testiment to the outsanding fellowship that the SS site and the MV community have.

So, Neil my hat is off you you and I want to say THANK YOU!! It is the small things in life that I will always remember and The gift from a SS member who I had not even met while I was in Iraq will be one of them.

Sincerly,

Cpl, Walter Blower
FOB Falcon Iraq

Pictures of SS paraphernalia in Iraq to soon follow.

steelandcanvas

You are right Walter, Neil is quite the Man. Neil and I have PM'd and talked on the phone a few times...We have yet to meet. I consider him a good friend. PM me your addy and my Wife and I will send a "CARE" package to you and your buddies. This is something all of us should be doing. Keep your powder dry!

P.S. Neil also has a very purty truck!

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Neil is the man!

We can't wait to meet him at the Ga Rally this year.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
YOUR at FALCON??? Wow , thats where I was. I thought noone would go back to that small crappy camp. Neil is a good guy and its great to hear that he would take the time and send cool things to a real Soldier.
We are starting a fund rasier to mail something 90% of people dont send Soldiers and Marines that they need the most , phone cards.

I would have loved to have SS or Military Vehicles stuff over there lol.

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
W O W :oops: No thanks really need but Walter you are very welcome. You just get home safe so we and others can hook up for BBQ. I`ll bring the deuce down for the homecoming . Just keep me and everyone here posted. OOOHHHH you know we love pics.

I must add and can not stress enough the the thanks goes out to you Walter and everyone doing what you do so we can enjoy the life we have. Thanks goes to the US MILITARY.

Stay safe my Friend

Sincerely Neil

Last edited:

deuceman51

Neil is a great guy and i'm happy to have him as a friend. Things like what Neil did are part of the reason why I love this site so much. It really is just like one big family.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks