• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions needed on screwed up GL auction

citizensoldier

OK guys some of you probably already know but others with legal and GL experience may not.. So here goes..
You bid on a online auction. The description matches the pictures, the ID # listed in the description matches the data plate on the truck, the DTID # matches the truck and is on your bill of sale "invoice", but the lot number is wrong.. Should they give you the truck that you paid for and bid on or should they go by a screwed up lot number?
Now comes question 2.. When you apply for a SF 97 you have to give a invoice number, it then brings up your lot numbers and you fill in the above mentioned Data Plate ID # for the sale. When you match the wrong ID# with the lot number it will not go through. How is it GL is going to fix this? How is it they went by screwed up lot numbers? How can they bill you for one vehicle and make you take another?
I fail to see how this decision can legally be right. They falsely advertised a truck with ID#'s and DTID #'s and billed you for that truck?
In the past any discrpency with a lot number always went back to the DTID number on a lot. You could then make the decision to except it or not because it was there screw up. I am just looking for honest opinions here not trying to start any fight and could care less about the trucks missed out on.. The decision to revurse from DTID and ID # was done onsite. Any legal issues here I can persue? I know many of you that are laywers.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it true that when you use the SF97 online submission, it "auto populates" the VIN (ID#) field? I have had to fill that in every time. I always thought as long as you made a purchase, you could get creative with the VIN . . . :wink:

Here is my practice: I print out the pictures of the item and bring them to load out. The item GL presents better match the pics or it's ALL STOP. That's kind of auction rule #1.

citizensoldier

I had the printed pictures and they matched the description and all other numbers.. The only thing wrong was the lot number.. It does not put the ID number in automatically when you apply for a SF 97.. But when they go to run it through and it does not match whats on your invoice if throws up a flag and they will email you or call.. I have had them do both.. So the SF97 people are going to think you took a truck you didn't buy?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, I would think they would let you back out. They probably ought to give you the truck in the pictures, but the guy who bid on the other truck will demand that one because it is probably nicer. I think your only recourse is to get a refund. This one goes down as "GL Terrible Business Practice Number 1,183" with more still to be identified. I wish you luck.

citizensoldier

Well what gets me is it was not just the picture..The description of the purchased lot had the data plate ID number that was on the truck. And my billing had the DTID # of the same truck ! They did say we could get a refund and that was fine.. But it should be the guy with the wrong lot number that bid on the description and numbers and was billed for another truck that should have to do that.. People knew it was wrong and bid on the lot number knowing that the actual truck was not what they were getting therefore keeping the price down on a certain lot because it showed a picture of a piece of ****! ..

citizensoldier

I just feel so bad for the guy who just shelled out a grand or more to have a truck picked up because he lives in a far off state and when it rolls in its a piece of junk and not the truck he thought he bought. I have purchased trucks in just about every state from Kansas eastward and it has always been the truck in the description or if something was a mess when the driver arrived because I always give them pictures they went by the DTID #..
We all know GL's history and many have tried to do something about them. All I can do is ship another letter off to my congressman and the better business buro that will probably run throught a shredder but it makes me feel better anyway.. LOL..
Thanks for the opinions guys and keep them coming I just want it pointed out that this desicion was wrong so if it happens again and they decide the other direction we can put them out of business.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,if they list the vin number in the action then you are buy THAT VIN numbered truck only.If they try to switch it then they are commiting fraud.Doesn't matter what the "Lot numbers" are.

scooter01922

Agreed, bid on truck 1234 in the description, billed for truck 1234. Thats what you get no question. Anything else won't fly in any court i know of. What they did was highly illegal.

FreightTrain

Banned
What is gonna happen when one of these switched trucks turns out to be reported stolen cause the were not turned over to GL yet or were sold/given to some other country?Will be very interesting when bubba shows up to pick up more stuff in 5 years from now and gets popped for an inspection and they find out the VIN is of a missing truck that never was "sold".

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would have my attorney arbitrate.

That smells of incompetance, inefficiency and possibly illegal actions on the part of GL. I betcha there will be problems down the road when someone wants to sell or buy one of those vehicles and stuff doesn't match up?

I would let small stuff slide to avoid a hassel but I think you have a mess here that needs to be cleaned up...legally.

phil2968

Things are so messed up!

Ok, this is where I'm at as of this post. I hope someone reads this and can offer some good news for me. I bid and won on a M109 at grayling sale#4513, lot#5733, Dtid W56LUR80440040A, nsn#2320000771636 and was awarded the win on 6/30. Submitted Euc and currently waiting approval. Was informed today of a new listing On GL of sale#4495 and lot#5611, ditid ,W56U3W80450042A, nsn#2320000771616. Pictures of truck are the same ones I downloaded and it appers to be the same truck but my nsn says its a 109 and the new nsn says its a m35. What the blazes are they doing!! They have $1913.00 of my hard earned money, I want my truck or my money back! I would really like some communication from someone at GL. Sent 2 e-mails with cell # attached. Lets see what happens. Compare the pics and the miles and hours are the same, truck is the same with rust spots on rear doors.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what to tell you other than you have a really unique truck there. That M109 has the older style horizontal exhaust. That is not common at all anymore. Nothing bad about it...just more rare. Good luck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrow get on GL live chat and question them. Always save a copy of the chat session. Get the contact for the folks dealing the trucks at Grayling and get them on the horn as well. More typical (in my opinion) GL service.

phil2968

Didn't have time to get online at work today, out in the field all day. I must get me a laptop. Will be online with them tomorrow for sure. I want answers!

Recovry, are you going to the Ga rally? I'm planning to go myself with or without MV. Would like to know who from FL is going, when and where convoy starts? PM if you could when you find out anything.

phil2968

GL has my money, I want my truck. Simple has that. I don't understand why there's no commuication with me from GL. Just a phone call.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Hey phil not trying to be a jerk but try and keep this post on the illegal GL auction and the beloved GL screw you costumer service please. Its important to stay on target with this one.. Maybe take the GA rally stuff over to that thread.. :-D

Armada

Lane, you can kick and scream all you want. Your only recourse is to file a complaint with them via email. Call the main office and that's what they'll tell you. It must be in writing. They will review your complaint, and whether right or wrong you will be deemed in the wrong, and best you can hope for is they will cancel your winning bids and refund your money if you don't want what you've won. That's it. That's how they roll. Their rules apply to everyone but themselves. Ask me how I know. I went through the exact same lot # situation with them last summer, only their decision then was reversed from what the Grayling decision was this time. Go figure.
So, you have to decide if you want to waste hours writing emails back and forth and in the end be in the same boat you're in now, still mad as hell, or to take your 'winnings' (or refund) and move on. It's their game and they've got the only ball.
I don't understand why you bid based on the id # though, since Joe told us at the preview the lot # on the truck is what they were going by? At any rate, that was sure one big mess and they will be feeling the repercussions from it for quite awhile. Good luck, hope it works out for ya. On the plus side, I bet they'll have another auction with all of the vehicles that were refused...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks