• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Labor Day in ALA

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is a big offroad park near me and I know the owner well.
They are going to have a big rock crawler rally there Labor Day weekend.
It is in the mountains of NE ALa.
I have offered to let them use my expando trailer van for the weekend.
This would be a great opportunity to have a small rally if there is enough interest.
There will be a lot of cool homebuilt crawlers and other machines. Many of them have military parts.
This is a scenic area and we could have a nice convoy ride over to Little River Canyon (deepest gorge east of the Mississippi) and back.

I know a lot of folks are commited for the weekend already but if you are interested PM me and if enough folks sign on I will ask my buddy if we can have free admission for the weekend.

Alredneck

Banned
Thats not the Rocket City 4x4 folks is it?

Labor day hmmmmmmmm. I will have your shower trailer to you next week so you can use it.

I perfer the ole swimming hole myself:roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not Rocket City, 4x4 check out Mountainside Offroad Park - Gadsden, Alabama

I met the owner a while back, good guy that is serious about his hobby.

They are constantly improving the site but it is still somewhat primitive.

I'm offering them my van to use as an office for the big bash.

I may also take the inflatable shelter and set it up for display.

A good showing of military vehicles would be cool.

BL is promising cookies to all attendees.

All of the above depends on if enough folks want to attend.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorry WM...MB has put her foot down!!

I can go to PF for the GT Gathering, the Clinto Rally and do local parades that are schedlued but she has pulled my passport other than that!!
(Hmmm..did you say cookies?) I smell a priority specialized transport mission..business ya know:roll::stir pot:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I talked to Bob (the owner) again today...they are going to have some cool events.....burn out contest, tug of war, and loaded water tanker pull.

There will also be some guys there doing some filming and they will show the films on a huge truck mounted monitor. You might get to see your MV on the big screen.

Since I am loaning them the van there is no charge for SS members.

There are porta pots but otherwise things are primitive. Motels are located a few miles away in Leesberg or Gadsden.

Camping in vehicles or tents is allowed. They have hot dogs and chips but no real food service. Unless you want to run into town to eat (bout a 20 mile round trip) you need to bring chow.

As previously stated there will be Bama lady cookies.:drool:

He would like to have a big showing of MV's for the crawler crowd to look at.

My 275 will be there hooked to the van. The 109 will be there as my hooch and I will prob bring the inflatable shelter.

I'll post more details as they unfold.

dcwilkie

Depending on how fast I heal from my hernia surgery, I think Margaret and I can whip the Cheetahmobile into good enough shape to drive over. Count me as a definite maybe.:roll:

jrou111

Put me down for a maybe. I really hope I can get axle seals and the 395's mounted by then, if not I can bring the M1009.

I'll post this on the caos4x4 board as an event they may want to go to since they're big into wheelin' :-D

JTugwell

ill be there one way or another. thats a long haul for me in the deuce, but who knows. i just installed a spring seat, muffler, new torque rods, seals, ect. may be a good time to try them out.

jrou111

ill be there one way or another. thats a long haul for me in the deuce, but who knows. i just installed a spring seat, muffler, new torque rods, seals, ect. may be a good time to try them out.
FYI, US231 goes straight there. Might save you some time vs. zig-zagging on I-65.

JTugwell

yeah thats true. i may give it a shot. ill be there one way or another. we are bringing that rock buggy out. i think im still recovering from driving it back from your place:-D. it never did loose power again. i guess all that crud in the tank finally got out of there.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OK guys....I need a confirmed headcount (or at least an "I plan to be there unless waylaid") so I can purchase supplies for the hotdog lunch.
You can post or PM.

I will be arriving early to inflate the shelter and to make sure the gate guys know MV folks get in free.

Cell reception is spotty there but my nember is 256-557-1146.

Google the Mountainside Offroad Park website for a qrid square and directions.

Thanks.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wish i had the funds i would drive up to see eveyone having a blast. but ill have to see you all good people in GA in oct:-D

dcwilkie

Looks like I'm out. I can't do the PM on the deuce until Saturday (when the Zoning Office is closed) and I don't dare try the trip without it.
Y'all have fun! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks