• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found one

Speedy

found this around home.
dont know much about it, other then its COOL!!!!
I am sure it runs as I seen it drive by.
anyone have any general info? (engine etc)
and price?

Tascabe

404 model - Gasoline 6 cylinder Mercedes M180 engine.

I think that is a Swiss version.

Price - not sure what anything is going for anymore - seems to be all over the board depending on the Seller's whims.

BTW - I love my 404 - it is challenging to drive but very fun:twisted:

Tascabe

It is a bunch of levers and the shift pattern is strange.

In the center console area you have a lever for the PTO, fwd/reverse, 2wd/4wd/4wd w/locked diffs, the transmission and then the E-brake

You have 1st through 6th gear forward. 1st and 2nd are super low and are sort of seperated from the other 4 gears. You usually can start in 3rd though in most normal conditions.

This is because you have a lever for Forward and Reverse since you can go into 1st or 2nd gear in reverse.

Also - the cab is not built for spacious comfort - especially for the passenger:wink:

It is nothing too terrible - just have to learn it and try and rememebr all the levers and such to work to start it and drive it around.

It is almost its own anti-theft setup. Put it in Reverse and 1st gear - unless they know how to drive a unimog - they are going nowhere, in reverse and at a rediculously slow speed - though they will go over most anything in thier way.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to the Penske rental yard a week or so ago. There is a 404 with a radio box on it sitting, buried in the yard next to Penske. I asked about it and the guys there said they had been there 10 years and it is in the same spot......Great, another truck to try and recover. How can I hide it it from my wife :twisted:?

Speedy

It is a bunch of levers and the shift pattern is strange.

In the center console area you have a lever for the PTO, fwd/reverse, 2wd/4wd/4wd w/locked diffs, the transmission and then the E-brake

You have 1st through 6th gear forward. 1st and 2nd are super low and are sort of seperated from the other 4 gears. You usually can start in 3rd though in most normal conditions.

This is because you have a lever for Forward and Reverse since you can go into 1st or 2nd gear in reverse.

Also - the cab is not built for spacious comfort - especially for the passenger:wink:

It is nothing too terrible - just have to learn it and try and rememebr all the levers and such to work to start it and drive it around.

It is almost its own anti-theft setup. Put it in Reverse and 1st gear - unless they know how to drive a unimog - they are going nowhere, in reverse and at a rediculously slow speed - though they will go over most anything in thier way.
LOL oboy! I tried looking thru the windows but they are really grimy, took a look at the levers online, this truck sounds fun!

how many mpg do you figure for one of these?

WillW isnt it kool finding things at the back of places! I spend time looking for military stuff online, then when I drive around I spot them in back yards
(im sure its easier for you guys in the states, Canada its harder.... atleast in Toronto)

but this MOG, and a MUTT was found in industrial place close by. (have not located the exact wherebouts of the MUTT yet but it drives by every now and then.

Speedy

This wouldn't happen to be the one near Barrie/Angus would it?

hey m109guy
nope, I am not even sure this guy is going to sell. I have driven by it many times now that I just stopped to look at it, unfortunately the owner was out at the time.
just did a fast search on kijiji and I saw one asking $15000 JEEEZZZ if that s the going rate of a MOG then maybe I shouldnt bother talking to the owner of the MOG I posted LOL!!!!

m109guy

Okay cool. There is one exactly the same sitting by the side of the road between Barrie and Angus. It has been sitting there for several years in front of a car lot. Someone posted a picture here a couple months ago but I can't find the link. From what I can remember we was asking around the $10K range. That is the reason why it has been sitting there for so long.

It never hurts to ask. The guy might be asking a reasonable price.

Speedy

I stopped by again today. its probably like the millionth time I drove by it since last year, I forgot they arnt open on weekends lol.

seems he uses the mog for storage in the back :cookoo:

MOGSTER

If it runs and the tires are good then 6,500 is fair to start but don't go over 7,800.About 10 MPG.Put US military tires on with the road tread (round tread instead of flat) these tires will last a whole lot longer,I run them tubless.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks