• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin dot to propose mv ban

CatMan

The WISCONSIN DOT has proposed a new rule/law called Trans 123 that eliminates many Historic Military Vehicles including all post 1968 MV’s from WI highways. I’m sending this out to everyone we know and asking (begging) you and your fellow Wisconsin collectors to get involved!!!! Please pass this on to every car and truck collector you know. Tell the veterans groups we parade with, tell the schools we display for, tell the municipal parade organizers we support and the Volenteer fire dept that uses converted MV’s.

We strongly urge you to quickly share this information with your HMV and old car club members. We are urging everyone with an interest in the MV hobby to attend the public hearing next Wed at the DOT offices Madison and to call their legislators to oppose Trans 123 in its current format.

Collectors with pre 1968 vehicles need to help too. This will BAN many collector and hobbyist vehicles.

Call your legislators and tell them we oppose the Trans 123 proposal for four reasons.
1) It seeks to define ANY vehicle made after 1968 that is not 100% compliant with the NHTSA, as designed for “off road” only. This is too broad and will eliminate many collector vehicles in the hobbyist or Historic Military vehicle groups.
2) The proposal is far too broad and seeks to provide a single broad definition that affects too many collector situations.
3) The proposal wording is very difficult to read or understand.
4) The proposal seeks to provide for public safety, but bans many post 1968 vehicles including Historic Military vehicles. These HMV’s have been legally registered and operated by collectors in WI since 1968 with no significant traffic safety issues that would support any call by the public to ban them.

Here is the link to the details of the proposal and the hearing.
Relating to Grounds for Refusing Registration: http://apps.dhfs.state.wi.us/admrules/public/Rmo?nRmoId=4183

Please get the word out. We need to at least get this slowed down and let more people have input. Call your legislators and get them involved. Tell them we need their help to voice opposition to this rule for the 4 reasons.

I will be testifying on behalf of a coalition of Historic Military Vehicle collector clubs in WI, and against Trans 123 at the hearing next week.

Hurry!!

Thanks

Cat Man

Last edited:

Divemaster920

Banned
I can not read that font. My eyes must be too old. I figured it out just block it out with right click and it turns blue.

Last edited:

frodobaggins

The WISCONSIN DOT has proposed a new rule/law called Trans 123 that eliminates many Historic Military Vehicles including all post 1968 MV’s from WI highways. I’m sending this out to everyone we know and asking (begging) you and your fellow Wisconsin collectors to get involved!!!! Please pass this on to every car and truck collector you know. Tell the veterans groups we parade with, tell the schools we display for, tell the municipal parade organizers we support and the Volenteer fire dept that uses converted MV’s.

We strongly urge you to quickly share this information with your HMV and old car club members. We are urging everyone with an interest in the MV hobby to attend the public hearing next Wed at the DOT offices Madison and to call their legislators to oppose Trans 123 in its current format.

Collectors with pre 1968 vehicles need to help too. This will BAN many collector and hobbyist vehicles.

Call your legislators and tell them we oppose the Trans 123 proposal for four reasons.
1) It seeks to define ANY vehicle made after 1968 that is not 100% compliant with the NHTSA, as designed for “off road” only. This is too broad and will eliminate many collector vehicles in the hobbyist or Historic Military vehicle groups.
2) The proposal is far too broad and seeks to provide a single broad definition that affects too many collector situations.
3) The proposal wording is very difficult to read or understand.
4) The proposal seeks to provide for public safety, but bans many post 1968 vehicles including Historic Military vehicles. These HMV’s have been legally registered and operated by collectors in WI since 1968 with no significant traffic safety issues that would support any call by the public to ban them.

Here is the link to the details of the proposal and the hearing.
Relating to Grounds for Refusing Registration: http://apps.dhfs.state.wi.us/admrules/public/Rmo?nRmoId=4183

Please get the word out. We need to at least get this slowed down and let more people have input. Call your legislators and get them involved. Tell them we need their help to voice opposition to this rule for the 4 reasons.

I will be testifying on behalf of a coalition of Historic Military Vehicle collector clubs in WI, and against Trans 123 at the hearing next week.

Hurry!!

Thanks

Cat Man

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I sure hope the fools that run the MD DOT do not see this. There is not a tax they miss or a useless regulation they fail to embrace. All members on this site need to email the legislators of the state of WI. They do not need to know you live outside the state, just email them. Now it is up to the members on this site to post email addresses for us not in WI to mail them too. I own MV's, antique cars and motorcycles and we need to stop this nonsense. Barney Fife said it best" you gotta nip it in the bud, Andy, nip it in the bud"...

paulfarber

ArmyCarsUSA is in Spooner WI and they have a TON or MVs that are rare and driven daily. There is also a huge annual get together.

I would contact them to let them know (they probably already know) but they have a very vested interest.

skinnedknuckles

I know where I will be on July 29 at 10:00 am - In Madison to voice my opinion:!:
Paul in Janesville,Wisconsin
1945 CJ2a
1946 Bantam btc3
1955 CJ5
1962 m37
1971 m35a2 4x4
1971 m35a2 6x6

If they can ban a few, whats to stop them from banning all of them:!:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Proof positive that there are too many idiots in government with not enough real work to do.
You folks up there need to find the root moron in this exercise in stupidity, haul him/her into the court of public opinion and gut them like a fish.
Find out exactly what their true agenda is.
Question their loyalty and patriotism...anybody against the vehicles that took our soldiers to war has got to be a liberal elitist.
It could be as simple as somebody in a MV made them mad about something. There are a lot of petty people in this world.
Get every veterans organization in the state mobilzed and go after the simpleton.....be very vocal and enlist newpapers, radio, TV stations and any other media outlet that you can find.
More than likely when this hits the news whatever gonzo thought it up will crawl back under their rock.

waayfast

Tooth and toenail!Hobnail and hangnail!! Pull out all the stops on this one!!!Don't let your Idiots get this passed or OUR Idiots will get stupid ideas! Dont let this precedent happen! What is the E-mail address so I can put in my complaint!!??

armytruck63

I see that Frank Busalacchi has a lot of history with the Teamsters union. Does anybody have friends in the Wisconsin Teamsters that they could convice to talk to Mr. Busalacchi and try to talk him out of this proposal? Some Teamsters also happen to collect old trucks.

I shudder to think what would happen if this proposal migrates to my state...

Good Luck!

paulfarber

His BIO also points out that he supports rail.

That is a clue to his thinking.. why does ANYONE need a vehicle... ride the train!

Trains are good for cargo, but AMTRACK is a huge money pit that deserves to die... yet this guy supports it 100%.

Crazyguypa

Just another form of Gov't BS. I didn't read their proposal so forgive me, but what the hell is the significance of banning vehicles "AFTER 1968". Is a CCKW more safer than a duece and a half or a 5 ton. Weren't the MUTT's know to roll over with quick turns?

Seems like some bias in there law proposal. Seems like someone has a hard-on for Vietnam era and later vehicles, but the Korean and WWII vehicles are ok? IF there were going to ban some they should really have to ban them all.

It's almost like saying were not going to register "red" colored vehicles, as they are for use only off road. Seems stupid to me, the whole proposal is BS.

Find out if any of the lawmakers own any vintage vehicles and see if they are included or excluded from this proposal.

atvcat33

i tell you what.... i wish i could throw a grenade at the person who came up with this idea. but there has to be someone or something that had made them come up with this type of law proposal. i wonder where this all started from?????

wb1895

I have a law proposal........ Its called "larceny of oxygen" Anybody who comes up with STUPID ideas like these dont need to be breathing and should be charged accordingly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks