• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV key

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a "B" blank and the code is 73Y2. Take this to a locksmith and they will make you a key in a snap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep a CUCV and M880 key with me all the time. You just never know! Always nice to have when window shopping at the GL lot.

K10A

one is usmc,another army , the last navy . All 1008s all keys different . I am almost positive that the 2 i didnt get from govliquidation werent changed. oh well .....you should change them anyway to keep badguys from stealing your trucks. :evil:

gasser

What is key is the same ... the ignition and/or the doors? The m1009 I just got is missing both keys. However, the steering column is unlocked.

-graham

mutt1966

Nope, ignition key is has a square end the door has a oval end each
was different door would open door would not start vehicle and ignition
key would not unlock door.

mangus580

mutt.... I know thats how some of the civvy versions were, but from everything I have seen / been told... the cucv's used only one key. Ironically, its an oval one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, all CUCVs were keyed alike from the factory. They used a round "B" key blank. This ran from 1984 thru 1987. Same key opened everything. Some units opted to rekey their vehicles in which it had 2 keys, the regular CUCV key for the door and the replacement ingition key. The Air Force grew weary of losing their CUCVs in multi force operations to other units and rekeyed a great deal of their trucks. Thats the CUCV key facts and they are uncontested!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks