• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 is shuddering.

keawe_applewhite

I'm new to the forum and love it. The trucks and information on here is truly amazing and can't believe there are people that like this as much as I do.
Ok, now that's been said I drive a 1985 M1008 pickup and if I hit a bump at around 30-35mph it shudders very hard till I hit the brake and make a complete stop.
I would appreciate any advice on the subject you have.

zout

welcome

I am recently new also = but welcome to the site - I am a moderate fanatic but there are worse ones here - but from what I have seen - very cool site and great folks and willing to help
WHERE ARE YOUR PICTURES OF YOUR RIDE ?

keawe_applewhite

Thanks for the welcome and I'll take some pics today and post them on my profile. I'm currently in the process of restoring her. I have to get a alt. and p.s. belt and throw them on today.

zout

parts

I so not know if you have an alt - but check with a reputable rebuild shop before you buy one - cheaper.
I would add that little avatar dancing guy saying worthless without pics ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
but I would not think of doing something like that - yeah right
get some pics and wanna see the ride

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome!, check your steering stabilizer, in nearly all the 1008's I have gotten from GL the stabilizer is shot. It could be related to other issues, but this is easy to check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks