• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 Engine Paint

emr

No one uses high heat paint,That I know of, we all use the same paint on everything, it works just fine, I am speaking for most, I have talked to, I do not believe anyone make high heat mil type paints that I know of, these are basically low cost paints and do just fine, your prep will make most of the difference...hope this helps...

Claudio

:arrow: Hi Folks, I'm new on Steel Soldiers, would like to give my first hint on this engine painting issue. After have painted several MV engines, I realized Poliurethane based paints (2 component polymer) have resisted much more to high temperatures than any other kind of paint (synthetic enamel, nitrolaquer, etc.). Best!!! Claudio
1942 Willys MB
1942 Dodge WC57
1951 Willys M38
1951 DK M100
1960 Kaiser M606A3
1962 Kaiser M170
1953 Willys 1/2 truck - Flightline taxi

CMP Nut

M38 Engine color

Just for general information, when M38 engines were rebuilt in RCEME (Royal Canadian Electrical Mechanical Engineer) shops they were invariably repainted light grey.

cheers on this Remembrance Day

Mike Timoshyk in Windsor Ontario

CMP Nut

exhaust manifolds

Exhaust manifolds....there are several trains of thoughts for manifolds. Leave them be as they get sooooo hot that paint burns off. Keep painting them each time the paint burns off....or paint them till the paint burns off.

As a former Marine Engineer in the Navy ...we used "Silverene" paint for the boilers and hot surfaces....hot meaning over 1000 deg F. Again we painted it until it burned off and then we painted it again...LOL

cheers

Mike

Claudio

Hi Folks, besides that silver paint for painting boilers, you can apply a phosphate based solution, that one usually employed for removing rust. You will have an exaust piping set (incl.muffler) free of that rusty brown appearence. It works fanthastic, believe me.
Good luck!
Claudio
PS - Mike, please send me photos of your outstanding CMP truck to anaesofia@gmail.com . It looks absolutely great with thas camouflage pattern.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks