• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

moderators

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a list of current moderators? I need some help with the calender section.
I think it would be a good idea to have a list of who is who on the front page.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
steelsoldiers
mangus580
emmado22
doghead
recovry4x4
clinto
cranetruck

What do you need help with? I'll see what I can do, but I have little experience with the calendar.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd offer some help Will but I don't know a thing about that calender doohickey. I really don't know alot about running the site, my job was mostly managing the pending TM uploads but that task is now dead.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I searched everywhere...guess just not there! PM sent clinto.
Thanks for all the replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There used to be an approval process for submitted TMs. My job was to make sure they were public release TMs before approving them. Since the software change, I have no clue whats going on, the TMS are still inside the old software somewhere.

mangus580

Kenny, didnt I tell you before? approve them just the same as before, at the old site still. Until I figure out how I will actually move them!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So that means we can't upload things for the time being? I have a tire manual and a few others I'd like to put up.

jasonjc

So that means we can't upload things for the time being? I have a tire manual and a few others I'd like to put up.
There is a link at the top to the old site just go there and up load them to it. Then magnas can move them over when he gets it figer out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't even get to the old site. Tried the link on the main page as well as the TM link in the resource section, nothing works!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah it's giving me a problem too...it's taking me to a generic "recent threads" page here on the new site.

But that's not what my problem is/was. Even when I get to the TM section, I don't have access to log into the old site to upload anything.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My main task has been to upload and manage the PS magazine section, but we don't even have a link to it from here. I still upload articles from time to time, though, and as long as we can get to it via the old sit I'm fine with it, but a link would be appreciated.

Will, about your request, there are some thing mods can't do and messing with the calendar is one of them, I believe.

Last edited:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FIXED! Clinto PM'd me and tweaked it. Thanks Clint. I used to look at the PM mag stuff all the time. IIRC, there was a little pop-up on the side of the screen in the old site that had random pics of them..knida like the random photos we have now. Would it be possible to put a tab under the resources tab for them or maybe another pop-up or even just a BOLD heddar for a link to them. There is some very good info in those and I for one have used them quite alot, I even have them saved in "my documents".

mangus580

Kenny... All... Looks like graham didnt set something up right when he moved the server yesterday. I will get him right on it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks