• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decon Bottle Cartridges

dabtl

I had a decon bottle that was mostly complete and the mount already installed in my second deuce.

It did not seem right to me, however. After observing more closely some NOS bottles I realized mine did not have the propellant cartridges on the mount or bottle.

A trip to WalMart, co2 cartridges in the sporting goods section, a little paint and for $1.57 it now looks complete. The co2 would not provide the pressure the standard cartridge would have, but since I will never use it, who cares? Looks right, however.

Cool information. I should get one, too. Can you actually release the co2? Then you could fill the bottle with flour or talcum powder etc and have a neat smoke bomb (men don't grow up....)
:-D

Cheers,
Mark

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Good point, the M11's were made for a cylinder filled with nitrogen, I wonder if an NOS cylinder would work better than Co2? I thought I had a couple of boxes of the N cylinders but don't seem to be able to locate them.
If you want to put water in one make sure you mix it 50/50 with anti freeze otherwise the insides will corrode .
It looks like Co2 may have more volume, the warning below came off a N cartridge site.

"Please be aware that the nitrogen will only fill 20% of the space that a 12g CO2 cartridge will because Nitrogen exerts a lower partial pressure than CO2."

Attachments

Last edited:

dabtl

I assume the co2 will work, just less pressure. I looked about for the nitrogen cartridges but did not look too hard. WallyWorld is just to close and cheap.

I found this site has nitrogen cartridges. https://morebeer.com/view_product/18310

But one costs more than five of the co2 at WallyWorld.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks