• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Starting/Charging parts

gasser

I thought I would check here first before trying elsewhere (junkyards, eBay, local parts store).

I just recently bought an 86 M1009 and it was stripped of both Alternators, batteries and the Starter. I believe it was a clean removal as I can account for most of the wiring.

So I am looking for the 24v Starter and both Alternators. If anyone may have these extra laying around, let me know how much you want for them. Obviously I am looking for working ones.

Thanks!

-graham

gasser

Thanks everyone. I am going to look at both options, but I maybe more inclinded to stick with the original setup for the time being.

I'll send you a PM denisek5935 .... thanks!

BTW - I'll post a picture soon of my m1009.

-graham

gasser

Any one know what model alternators I need to get if I were to purchase from a local parts store? Would dual 78amp ones be OK from a civ 6.2L ? I will not be drawing that much power.

mangus580

standard civvy alternators will not work. The large frame 100amp ones can be modified to work, but dont out of the box. You would be better off finding some core's from a CUCV and getting them rebuilt.

wyliek

hey gasser i have 1 alternator and a 24v starter which may or may not need a new ring gear but if your still looking for an alt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks