• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire question

nap159

we run 7.60 16 LT's on some of our old farm trucks...our local tire shop can still get old bias ply tires with out a problem. He doesn't stock them though, gotta order them. I still hate the old split rim though...gives me the creeps

Skip

151 tires & wheels

I have a source for the tires and wheels but they are up here in Maine. If you want I can see if they have more and pick them up for you. Then we can send them down your way via the SS train or UPS. PM me to let me know.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad you are across the country. I know where there are a mess of them on wheels.

Last edited:

tucson john

I haver an 42' slat grill MB, any of you Mutt owners know if 151 rims will interchange ? I got a deal on a bunch of 151 wheels w/7.50/16 tires that I think would give my M.B some more clearance. ( I assume ya,ll call a 151 a mutt,although we just called it a jeep in the day) Thanks for any info!

emr

check out the military vehicles magazine there are tons of vendors still selling them and brand new also, they are plentyful.....also look into the classifieds in the MVPA U will also score there...

tucson john

Im not wanting to buy any,I got a few. Just want to know if the 151 rims will bolt up to an M.B , ie,same bolt pattern,clearance. I dont have my M.B. handy to try them out on but can get a great deal on a batch of 151 rimsw/tires if they fit.I dont own a mutt ( but the more I get into this the more I might like to!)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, Call gensco tire in houston. 713-748-3350. They have plenty of them. And mounted on the mutt rims to boot.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tucson john the 151 wheels will bolt right up but the offset is wrong The 151 wheels will sit more towards the frame. You could turn them around. You would be better off to demount the tires and put them on standard jeep wheels. Got any pics of the slat? The slat originally has solid wheels but any standard 16 inch jeep wheel should bolt right up.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
750 x 16 tires are easy to come by I can get them for $ 400 for a set of 5 or 4 for $350 plus shipping. thanks Chuck

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
correction that is 7.00 x 16 tires 400 for a set of 5 and $350 for a set of 4 plus shipping. the M151 came with 7.00 x 16 tires not 7.50 x 16 Thes are military tread coopers.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Tucson john the 151 wheels will bolt right up but the offset is wrong The 151 wheels will sit more towards the frame. You could turn them around. You would be better off to demount the tires and put them on standard jeep wheels. Got any pics of the slat? The slat originally has solid wheels but any standard 16 inch jeep wheel should bolt right up.
are the front hubs smaller on a mb/gpw vs. a m38a1? mutt wheels would not fit over the the front hubs on my m170(same front axle as an m38a1)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks