• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Transfercase

Armada

Heres a bit of info that might come in handy.
Over this past year, I have seen 3 CUCV's at the DRMO that have all had broken/cracked t-cases. The last one I picked up had this problem. I was talking to the trans shop about this, and he said it is usually caused by the front drive shaft spline being frozen. The shaft would not be able to extend and retract with the movement of the front axle, so it 'slams' the load through the t-case during a hard bounce, causing catostrophic failure.... :shock:
Add to the fact that the majority of these trucks sit for months at a time before being used, I can understand how it could happen. Moral of the story is to keep them greased and free to move.

JRBAMATEX

Mine had a hole in the front of the of the T-case when I got it. I haven't really run it in 6X6 except to test in a parking lot. Seemed to work OK. I have had the front end up before and tested the case engagement making sure the wheels rotated in opposite directions when engaged. So I know it works. Should I be concerned that I am going to blow another hole in my transfer case because the other one had a hole in it?

I just figured someone had abused the unit on maneuvers. Shifting from high to low and throwing it into 6X6 all at the same time or something like that. I am going to be highly irregular if I blow another hole in the transfer case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks