• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I find the Military FC-Jeep based truck on this forum?

I'm looking for a Stock FC-170 with Straight 6 engine and 9' bed truck or a Cerlist powered FC-based body military truck.

Will this be a new SS thread or forum group.

I'm sure alot of mil Jeep members here have had a FC-Jeep, just wondering where to go with this thread.

Thanks,
Mac

Jones

Welcome to the group.
I think the FCs are around but it may take a little hunting to find the info you want.
This site is continually evolving as members get into more unusual MVs.
Best way is just what you did; toss out the question and people will start responding.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too have always had a fasination with the Jeep FC's, as well as the Ford Econoline Pickups of the same vintage.

There's a JeepFC Firetruck on display here in San Angelo TX at Goodfellow AFB (Joint Services Firefighting School). I'm looking for Base Access to do a photo shoot of those firefighting MVs on exhibit along the troop-walk to the school.

Does anyone know if there were any 60's Ford Econoline PickUps in issued motorpools? Any pics? Markings?

Dieselsmoke

Hey Macjeeper, I recently saw a M-677 for sale in the auto trader or whatever it's called in Reno. Was like $6500, I think I still have the paper if I do I'll get you the contact info. For some odd reason they don't list their vehicles online.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere I have pics of a few of these. Parts for the Cerlist are all but extinct. They are cool as heck ( loud as heck too). I missed a pretty nice M678 on Ebay in GA a few years ago. Oh well!

tamangel

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all this information.
This forum is quite the active place to go for all military.

I've been running several FSJ yahoogroups for years.
I'm a DOD / AFRES Acft. Electrician and have always liked the military trucks and hobbies.
My 2nd. M-715 I've had in storage since 1995, my 1st M-715 sold 4 months later, when I blew the original engine on my 1970 J-3000 Gladiator.

Today I found the new 2010 Jeep Classics Calendar with a offroad FC-170 on the cover and for May 2010 page. Check it out: home page

After seeing the Willys Jeep FC-170 Ouray, Colorado truck it would be fun to restore one like that.

Thankyou for the forum and the activity all around.
Mac

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know if there were any 60's Ford Econoline PickUps in issued motorpools? Any pics? Markings?
Yes, indeed! We had Econoline pickups and vans in my ANG outfit and they were available for sign-out from the motor pools at Ramstein AB (Germany), Scott AFB (IL), Vandenburg AFB (CA) when I was stationed at those locations. They were very popular with the troops. I don't have any pics, but the markings were just like any other blue AF vehicle. (As they were general-purpose rather than tactical vehicles, none ever got the OD or camo treatment.)

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, indeed! We had Econoline pickups and vans in my ANG outfit and they were available for sign-out from the motor pools at Ramstein AB (Germany), Scott AFB (IL), Vandenburg AFB (CA) when I was stationed at those locations. They were very popular with the troops. I don't have any pics, but the markings were just like any other blue AF vehicle. (As they were general-purpose rather than tactical vehicles, none ever got the OD or camo treatment.)
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't happen to have any photos, Would you?

1stDeuce

One of my friends has a military crew cab FC170 with the diesel engine. I don't know what he paid for it, but if you'd like, I can chat with him tonight and see if he's interested in selling. If he is, I'll PM you his contact info...
It's pretty complete looking, and I think it was running when he bought it a few years ago.
C

Update: I just spoke with him... He seems to want to hang onto it. It had been sitting quite some time when he got it, and the engine was not a runner because of that. He wants to try and get it running, fix it up, and be a cool MV guy like the rest of us. :)
C

Last edited:
Thanks for the tease, lol

If you have ever made the Willys America Summer BBQ and show, Paul's collection of Jeeps and Fire Jeep Trucks are very fun to see. He has one of the Military FC type van truck I believe?

The last picture on the left was the Military FC from the 2006 BBQ, but enjoy the other pics of Fire Jeep Trucks.

Mac

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few more FC's to enjoy!
There are a couple of the dualled wheel models near me. One has the 3ph and backhoe attachment.

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

Mac, any more info and pic's on that rig on the far right in your 2nd picture of the Willy's gathering..?

Mike

also, I went to the California State Championships Muster this A.M. and saw this Willy's rig..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks