• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dont know what to do

fstfrdy

wanted to share this problem with you guys and see if anyone has any ideas. someone managed to get a onto gl and used my brothers acct didnt change anything but his email address but ended up bidding on a trk that closed today and was the high bidder. when my brother contacted gl they said it was his problem and that all he can do is file a greivance with management and possibly get it reversed. have any of you heard of this

fstfrdy

dont understand it either they didnt change anything but his email address and the cc info was no longer valid(old card) but they bid on a trk for 1000 dollars and its two states away on top of it

stumps

I would lay odds that what really happened is your brother sold, or otherwise disposed of his computer, and left the disk drive in place with his GL account and password stored in the browser. The new owner of the computer thought he might have some fun, and bid on a truck... possibly not realizing (or caring) what he was really doing...

The only truly safe way to sell a computer is to remove the hard disk, and sledge hammer it. Most folks are not sophisticated enough to know how to wipe the drive properly.

-Chuck

KsM715

See if you can find out who is attatched to the new e-mail account, call the cc company and let them know someone was attempting to steal that card # and go from there.

m109guy

Yeah it sounds a bit odd.

How did your brother find out about it by the way if his email address was changed?

Well if you can't get any headway with GL, couldn't your brother just screw up the EUC application on purpose, causing the sale to become invalid?

Don't know, an idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks