• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

searching, then the auction is on, and I can't find the items now.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always see things coming up for auction, but once the auction starts, they don't show up there.

example: searching for "m818, m817, m813" and selecting "any" keywords will show me all the shorter wheelbase 5 tons that have yet to start the auction. Same for any keywords - you see what -will- come up for auction, but not what "is" being auctioned.

For the life of me I cannot find the items I spied last week, that should be live now!! This is rather frustrating because I can't bid on the pallet of chiltzangbrone parts if I can't find it. I am sure it is there along with a bazillion other things..

I am sure there is a simple thing, but the site is counterintuitive in this matter. Can anyone help?

Please for example, tell me how to find something simple/stupid like "all 5 ton trucks -currently- open for bids". Then I can start experimetning and learn how to use the site correctly.

thanks,
Opcom

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Patrick, type in something like winch and search. Most of the truck listings say with winch or without winch, so that will bring alot up. Once you find one you want to watch, click on the "add to watch list" button. It will save that auction for you.

gimpyrobb

You can also go to the home page and at the bottom of the list on the right hand side it says "trucks". Click on that and you will get a sub-page that you can click on "deuce" or "5ton" to see all trucks in that catagory. You still got my number? Call if you want something more "hands on".

6x6guy

The scuttle butt is that the government is going to reactivate the 800 series, including re-manufacturing needed parts and components for these series- due to the fact that other series that are out there are not cutting the mustard in the higher altitudes with a more than acceptable failure rate :roll:.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have to do this before they go away to the auction process? OK. There was one truck I was looking at, and can't find it now to bid. that's a pain.

gimpyrobb

Its possible. I have not had any trouble finding the stuff I want to bid on, till after it ends. Its just easier to find if you are watching it in your account.

ABN173

They do pull stuff sometimes prior to the auction starting, heck I had it happen to me on a live auction I was winning! I have heard from the GL site manager near me that on very occasions that a auction can be reversed/pulled after it has ended.

Dale

omega231

i have seen several lots that i was watching disappear. its not uncommon for GL to pull stuff. there was one deuce that they pulled out of the lots I was bidding on for some magazine posting... how lame is that!? it was eventually put back on several months later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks