• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL's SF97 Title paper in Georgia

gasser

All,

So has anyone had any experience on titling your CUCV in Georgia, particularly one purchased from GL? I got my SF97 letter today from them, but I am thinking this maybe a 'small hassle' waiting for me at the DMV?

Thoughts?

-graham

bassplayer88

I recently went thru the Georgia dealers pre-license course . based on the year the cucv's are 84-86 . a 84 doesn't need a title the SF97 should act as your bill of sale . 84 no title needed 85 & 86 title is optional but not required. You can get a title but not required. Might want to look at the Georgia Secretary of State(search Cathy Cox Georgia) web site under Georgia dept. of Revenue (DMV) . It has all the forms for filing a lost title or new title . Since your in Marietta, Cobb county DMV's& Tax office are a major hassle .. might want to make a trip up 75 to Calhoun . There title office is in the main court house and Wed mornings are usually very slow . Hope this helps

Prerunner1982

i saw on some GL auctions no SF97 was being given out, why is this? the vehicles werent parted but for some of us it wouldnt be hard to get one back up and going. Is it because they arent driveable that they dont give the papers, expecting people to just part the trucks out? For a beater platform you cant beat the m1008, doesnt have to be pretty or complete, but doesnt seem like it would be much good without the paperwork to get it legal..

gasser

Yeah, I saw some auctions that the SF97 wasn't being offered. I guess I was lucky with my m1009.

I have already been to the DMV once; I have to have a police officer to come over to the house to 'verify' the VIN. With that, the DMV said that the govt title SF97 will become a Georgia title .... I hope :?
I can see it now where they will say "you know what, you need to do XYZ, and while you are X, you will need to have ABC processed". Bah.

bassplayer88

At worse you would have to have it towed to a dmv inspection center just like a rebuild title and title it from there. There's one in cartersville ,just North of you ..

ida34

I do vin inspections in MI and as long as the vin on the paperwork matches the vin on the dash you should be ok. We also have to check the federal sticker on the doorjamb if it is equipped with one. There are other secret vin locations on the truck and he may check on or two of those if he thinks you are trying to pull one over on him. It shouldn't be to bad to get the vin inspection.

Chuck

gasser

Update -
I got the VIN inspection done; but now the DMV is telling me that they don't like the Reassignement of the SF97 letter that GL provided to me. They said it has to be AZ state issued and not a notarized letter.

But I have everything - the SF97, the notarized letter giving me permission and rights to the SF97, the GA tax receipt, the bill of sale, valid insurance, valid drivers license .... BAH!

I am going to try another DMV office come Monday and see if I can get this passed through. There are only 4 offices here in Cobb county so I am not done yet!

poppop

i have done it four times in Statesboro Ga. I had to get the vin verified and in one case was wrong. Officer just corrected it and DMV had no problem. Any officer can do it but I have several friends who are lawenforcement and that probably helps.

gasser

Update-

Success! I went to another DMV office with the paperwork and boom, no questions asked they processed the SF97/Tax receipt/Reassignment and issued me 2006-07 registeration and a GA Title will be sent out! Whoa, I thought this was going to be a huge undertaking.

Now I just need to get it to run .......

-graham
http://m1009.com/

gasser

I received it without a starter or both alternators and both the GL and DRMO folks didn't know when the last time it ran. I am hoping that replacing these can get the thing started. It may need some tune-up items (glow plugs, fuel filter, etc) in addition.

Once I get it started, then I'll change out the other fluids and alike.

I do need glass - both doors and the tailgate glass. I am guessing that civvy years would work?

-graham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks