• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with Arctic Cab Heater

coyotegray

I installed a NOS heater in July. At first I had problems but after bleading the fuel line and cleaning the fuel meter/solenoid it started to work.

It now refuses to fire. I cleaned it again but still no fire.

One thing I can tell it that the fuel solenoid is not clicking as it should..

Any ideas? Anyone have a source for the fuel solenoid..?

Thanks,
Andy.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best way to make sure is to remove the metering valve and check it for calibration and operation as shown below.
You have two solenoid operated needle valves, one must always be "on" when unit is turned on, the second is only on in "HI" mode (the restriction valve).
If, in fact you only need one of the solenoids, I may have an extra, so test yours and let me know.

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
use laquer thinner to clean the system after you take it completely apart. then run it for a while on gasoline to futher clean the system. and NEVER use any amount of air pressure to try and clean things, it will ruin the fragile diaphrams. most of these heaters have been sitting for many years in storage before they are sold. i did this to all that i sold on ebay.........

tom

coyotegray

We have fire!

Looks like my problem was electrical.

The solder connection to the coil on the negative side was weak. I fixed it.
I also cleaned the fuel off the solenoid that I think may have caused it to not be grounded correctly.

Thanks,
Andy...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks