• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me Identify this truck I just bought.

WCRiot

I accidentally purchase this truck:
Tan Military Type Transport Vehicle:eBay Motors (item 250488742923 end time Sep-02-09 16:58:12 PDT)

I am not against keeping it but can you help me get some info on it. I believe it is a dodge. I also think it is a forest ranger type truck rather than a military truck.

Can you tell me if this is actually a Dodge, I believe it is...

Also, what do you think about the price that the auction ended at? I got into such a rush bidding on a fed different trucks I didn't notice that this truck didn't have doors.

Are parts available for this truck? What is going to be involved with getting this street legal? Registered through my DMV and then insured to drive on the street?

What size engine and type of trans is this? I am more familar with the chevrolet engine/trans setups...

I can still back out of the deal, but is this seems to be a good truck and a good deal I might keep it. I already have one project car that needs alot of attention, this would be number 2!

This is what I actually wanted: 1951 Dodge Army Truck 4X4 -NO RESERVE-STK#177691:eBay Motors (item 140343006554 end time Sep-05-09 15:06:00 PDT)
But I am almost sure that it is going to go up in price more than I can afford

Bill W

WC 1/2ton open cab, besides the engine used, wasn't much difference in the model years ,though from what I can see yours has the military guages which should make it a later model like my (old) WC-21 ( T-215)
Good price!

Attachments

Last edited:

BillF

good price on a good truck. Looks to be in good shape. Just take off the homemade top and you could probably re-sell it and make some $$$

WCRiot

Guys,
Thank you so much for your input. This really helpped out. Im going to contact the seller and try and work something out. I can't buy this truck right now.

What do you think about this one: 1951 Dodge Army Truck 4X4 -NO RESERVE-STK#177691:eBay Motors (item 140343006554 end time Sep-05-09 15:06:00 PDT)

I think it is going to go up to about $6,000. Seems like that is what they are worth. Im just curious as to how difficult it is to find parts and get these things driving down the road? That is a diesel engine correct? What are they called and where can I read some info on these?

My concern that I had was, the car has been licensed to drive in California but was donated to this company to sell. They don't have a title so obviously no pink slip. But if the truck was lincensed then someone out there has a pink slip. You could call the DMV and find out who owns the title, but this could get screwy. Also, why would someone donate a perfectly good car for someone else to sell?

Last edited:

jeep-Jeep

sorry
I looked at what you want not what you got
That is a wc as others have said and worth about twice what the m37 is worth or more .
16-20k restored and parade ready
Ive got one that will never be repaired it came out of a river

WCRiot

sorry
I looked at what you want not what you got
That is a wc as others have said and worth about twice what the m37 is worth or more .
16-20k restored and parade ready
Ive got one that will never be repaired it came out of a river
Your saying that the truck I wont in the Ebay auction is worth 16-20k Restored? Thats crazy! This one: Tan Military Type Transport Vehicle:eBay Motors (item 250488742923 end time Sep-02-09 16:58:12 PDT)

And you are saying that this one is an M37 Korea vintage: 1951 Dodge Army Truck 4X4 -NO RESERVE-STK#177691:eBay Motors (item 140343006554 end time Sep-05-09 15:06:00 PDT)

tractor

The M37 variant isn't worth as much as a Wc. Also they didn't have diesel engines. When you ask the seller about the WC ask if the engine has any stampings on the drivers side front. You may have a T215 and if you do your lucky. that adds to your value a bit. You got that one for a steal. Go over here ww2 Dodge Forum - Index page its the Dodge Wc site where on the main page has info about your truck and the members all collect WCs

Bill W

OK
Lets see if I got this right
You can't pay for the WC you just bought on e-bay but you now want to bid on a M-37 that you figure will probably go for twice as much as the WC you can't pay for???

I paid $12,000 for my restored WC-21 ( w/ 1917a1 machine gun & mount ) but that was 6 years ago

Last edited:

jeep-Jeep

hey WC let us know how this turns out .
You got the name now you could start with the WC and work up to newer as many of us have done .
I started ww2 and then korea and now vtnam and who knows what next.

goldneagle

How do you accidentally buy a truck? It's not like you hit the buy button by mistake. There are additional steps required to make a bid!

Also why would you bid on something you know nothing about? and can't afford!

If I were the seller I would be Pissed! and file a NON-Paying bidder complaint against you with Ebay.

WCRiot

OK
Lets see if I got this right
You can't pay for the WC you just bought on e-bay but you now want to bid on a M-37 that you figure will probably go for twice as much as the WC you can't pay for???
Wanting the M-37 is different than buying/owning one, correct?

Since I am being insulted I Guess I will explain the situation. Even though it is irrelevant to the thread.
Quote:
I accidentally purchase this truck
Quote:
I can still back out of the deal
Quote:
I can't buy this truck right now.

Be careful, your character is showing.
:mad:
I am about to purchase my first home. When I bid on the WC truck I had submitted an offer on a house, my pre-approval letter from my loan agent had approved me for the loan amount I needed with only 10% down.

The Bank counter Offered on the home requiring me to put down 20% instead of the previous 10% So I will be left with about $700 of money for my car$

I found that about the different down payment after I had already bid on the truck, about the last 56mins of the auction. I honestly didn't even think I would win the auction so I didn't worry about retracting my bid.

So, to those of you who helpped a new guy; Thank you.

jeep-Jeep

so you got the bid on the wc at $3700.00 aprox
why do you not get a hold of someone in the WC club and try to sell it so you can remain a man of his word !!!
not going thru with your commitments could set a bad chain of events for you in the future .

goldneagle

I am an Ebay powerseller and I was looking at the situation from the Seller's point of view. I do not like dead beat bidders but I run into them from time to time. The seller may need the proceeds badly to pay his bills. A bad sale can mean no money to pay the mortgage on time or another important bill. Its not always just a matter of relisting and waiting another week for the funds.

Just thought you might like to see thee other side of the fence.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks