• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog S.E.E at G/L?

MedicMog

Any of you guys/gals ever come across the Unimog s.e.e at the Government Liquidation auctions? I check the site on and off but have yet to find one up for auction. I know they're out there I've seen them sold on the public side. And on that same note, Is GL set up for notifications in regards to items one may be interested in?

Thanks, Phillip

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I gather, the military never bought that many of them to begin with (at least, not as many as the deuces!), and they are very useful, so not many have been sold off as of yet. They are out there, but you will spend a lot of $$ for one.

There is one currently listed for sale on armyjeeps.net in good shape for $24,500. I hope that's an aberation, but in any event it's not cheap.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The one on armyjeeps looks pretty clean. Not a bad price for a running/driving 419 with a loader and a back hoe. No title though.

There are a few on GL here and there. Go to My Account, then Search Agent, and then create a new search. There is an option for email notification. Or, you can be like the rest of us green obsessed and search every day! LOL :p

SixSpeed

Banned
They come up every once in a while. I think I saw one for $8000, another for $12000. I'd be weary of buying a SEE from GL without thoroughly inspecting it first though. With all the gizmos, and inexperienced operators there is a lot to go wrong.

DieselHippie

There were 3 of them a few months back on GL but they were being sold as scrap, but still ended up going for around 3k and 5k but I cant remember exactly.
But as they say you get what you pay for, mine was good but we found it at the local annual heavy equipment auction. I have heard of ones that were/ are stored away for many years. I guess its just the people you know when it comes to finding these, but I was lucky. Even though I still have no clue about the past of mine.

Also a thorough inspection is a must no mater who you buy one from, while in great running order I had found a lot of things wrong like, broke off cab mounts, random wires tucked out of the way (probably why my dash lights dont work), someone lost the fuel filter gasket and decided to make one out of some tube silicone, and totally shot shifter bushings (making it very difficult to drive) and more. but like I said i don't know who had it before me...

-Peyton

Last edited:

Chief_919

There were some at Warner Robbins GA a little while ago. I did not inspect them, but somebody told be that GL or the units who turned them in had totally screwed up the sir systems and damaged the torque tubes moving them with forklifts.

unimoger

There are 4 of the S.E.E. Unimogs at the Azusa, Ca armory. Not for sale though. They are in excellant condition, one even looks and smells like a new car inside! Hopefully they will be auctioned off in the same condition someday.

saddamsnightmare

November 24th, 2012.

Red River Army Depot in Texarkana,Texas was still rebuilding SEE's for the army in 2010 when I came north. When the HMME's finally get out into inventory in large numbers, then the SEE's will be done with Uncle, but probably not before.I have heard a lot of G.I.'s don't like the SEE, but it sure beats digging with the standard "D" handle and a pick!;-)

tcody

There have been a few surplussed over the last several years. Probably about 30 or 40. There were about 2000 in service (someone pipe in as I don't know the exact number). Not sure how many are overseas, but I would expect quite a few yet to come out of service in the USA. I wouldn't expect many municipalities to scoop them up as they are difficult and expensive to maintain. Retail (ebay) was running about 24K when they first came out, but now that the novelty has worn off they are selling for about 19K. The folks at C & C Equipment had several go through their shop. I would think they would be a good contact and would recommend calling them first and getting their opinion. I believe the owner is a SS member. Do some research first. Last time I checked there ware only a hand-full of folks that could rebuild the transmission so maintaining the vehicle may be more difficult than other MV's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks