• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans Help with 49 !

catalinacat

Hello friends!! Iam working on a 1949 mb (cj2a) have taken it apart trans and transfer case, etc.. Still pops out of 2nd gear any help on this is greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FireDozer

Couple things the bushing is worn, along with the main shaft..which if worn pass spec. well allow second gear to rock back and forth, which in turn push the sincro ring to move forward and thus out of gear. End play of the main shaft is another place to look at..along with the sincro dogs and retainer spring. Also the the area where the input and main shaft marry up..If the mating areas are worn pass spec. then all the new bearings in the world won't fix it. I have found that the wear of the bushing and the main shaft, incorrect end play of the main shaft are the main areas to look at...Hope this helps

Robert

Oilleaker1

I replaced 2nd gear and synchronizer assembly and it still popped out! Ended up needing a stronger poppet ball spring in the shifter assembly. The info. on worn mainshaft and end float is also correct. !! John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks