• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new front leaf springs for M1009

Warren Lovell

Does anyone know where I can locate a set of new leaf springs for my M1009?
I tried to have it aligned, but two shops said my oassenger side leafs are weak and the truck is leaning down a bit on that side.

thanks for the help.

Warren

K10A

Are you panning on lifting it at all ? I have 1008 I am parting out . You can have the springs if you want to come take them off . :D I do not know if they are any better than yours but the truck was level when it got parted out .

Desert Rat

K10A, I'm looking for the steel rims. I need two spare tires, a grille, the rear leaf springs and the front fenders. How much? It's for the truck in my avatar and my wife's CUCV.

ida34

Brent, Let me know if you can't get ahold of the grill. I have one with the headlight support panel I was hording (sp). If you find it hard to find one I may be able to part with it. It is from a CUCV not a civy truck.

Chuck

K10A

the m1009 have 52" springs and the 1008s have 56" inch springs IN THE REAR . I saw one guy put the 56s in a blazer and it was all screwed up .The front springs are the same . You could go to National Spring in Santee , they can hook you up with anything you need suspenion wise . :D

mr.travo

Does anyone know of a good place online? I hate dealing with some of these sites that don't understand that the M1009 is a different animal than the civi version. I also don't want to go with any place the re-arches, they tend to sag out quicker than new.

DavidJBlythe

Gentlemen,

I've got almost the exact same problem in my 1009. It has a sagging passenger side leaf spring. I checked the -20 manual, but for that particular diagram, they only listed the first 5 or so parts and didn't list any part numbers including the actual leaf springs! I'm interested in removing the original front leafs and installing 3/4-ton springs with the same length. Is this possible or am I way off-base here?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
www.stlouisspring.com Great work, good prices, excellent product. I have or persoanlly know people who gotten several springs from them for everything from my WWII Jeep to full size fire trucks. They hve been in business for 65 years, doing one thing, and one thing only. Making/repairing leaf springs.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gentlemen,

I've got almost the exact same problem in my 1009. It has a sagging passenger side leaf spring. I checked the -20 manual, but for that particular diagram, they only listed the first 5 or so parts and didn't list any part numbers including the actual leaf springs! I'm interested in removing the original front leafs and installing 3/4-ton springs with the same length. Is this possible or am I way off-base here?
You are looking in the wrong manual. The TM 9-2320-289-34p shows all the axle parts.

The M1009 front springs are lissted in figure 149, item #21

GM 460354

Cucvnut

thats BS you have a solid axle they just dont know how to do an alignment on your truck. springs dont effect that when its a sold axle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks