• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC 21 Progress shot

dougimes

Progress shot of the WC21. about a year and a half into the restoration. Some goodies from Evansville, most notably the tires.

Yet to do

Bed
Lights
rear fenders
bows and top
step mounted 30 cal
dozens of details

Took it for a little drive today, 45mph all is well

Attachments

FrankUSMC

I am selling a WC-1 up here in North Carolina, drive train rebuilt, needs to be finnished. I have over $6500 in her, will sell for $5000.
Oh, cool part she was a National Guard truck, this is stamped on the data plate.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

No, just word of mouth right now. Did that with the WWII Marine Internationals and sold all 3.
I will post in the classifieds now I have put it on the board here.
I see you are from Texas, that is were the truck came from.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

dougimes

more progress

getting closer

anyone have any examples of wc21's showing original or authentic markings? like to do something from pacific theater if possible, but interested in any authentic markings

Always liked the blue letters, but to my knowledge, WC21's which were '42 were not done that way.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I had a WC21 and they are a diff cool MV. IM glad to see yours getting restored. I hope others out there do the same. I had a 41' with its white markings and star on hood from when it was in service. Ill look for the pics if we still have them .

Franks truck is amazing, well worth to buy and easy restore. - Jay

Last edited:

dougimes

on the question of canvas, I have cab canvas now. not sure about the cargo.

Opinions???
I have a pix from Guadalcanal that has been my go-by for authenticity. it has cab canvas but not bed canvas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks