• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first recovery: Paperwork Checklist

Buckmaw

GL Paperwork:

Copy of Paid Invoice
Waiver and Release of Liability

My Paperwork:

Drivers License
Registration
Proof of Insurance

I will remove all firearms before leaving (this sucks).

Is there anything else, paperwork wise, that I need to take?

wsucougarx

No that's it. Looks like you're good to go. However, have you secured your state's trip permit? You'll need that to legally operate an unlicensed vehicle on public roads. Unless that registration you listed is for that particular truck. But how can that be without actually having the title to the truck already?

Buckmaw

No that's it. Looks like you're good to go. However, have you secured your state's trip permit? You'll need that to legally operate an unlicensed vehicle on public roads. Unless that registration you listed is for that particular truck. But how can that be without actually having the title to the truck already?
I will be towing the truck (M1009) back so that is not a issue.

Thanks for double checking my list.

SanAnMan

Just won a duece - what registration do you need?

What "registration" do you need? I thought you have to get a VIN verfication from local law enforcement before you can register the vehicle?

scrapman

The registration he is referring to is the vehicle he is driving in the gate to make the pick up. Pepto & Tums in case you have problems either on base or on the trip home.;-)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always like to carry copies of the auction pics (you did save them at auction close didn't you :wink:). That way when you get there if they try and pull some "switcharoo" or have parts stolen you have the pics to verify it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard of them taking missing items off another truck to replace what is missing in some cases. Could be off somebody elses truck though :shock:. I think the offical resonse in to just void the sale. There has been a few people that GL made it right on damages but there has also been people that just got screwed. There has also been reports of GL trying to give you a completly different item than what you bid on.

All of this is just what I have heard from people. I myself have never had any problems with this particular issue but I have the pics just in case. If you have the pics and auction description it gives you some proof because GL takes it off their website after a day or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks