• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Communication Shelters fit the Gamma Goat

Kevin Whitcomb

I'm close to purchasing a goat and I'm going to use it as a camper. I remember com shelters on the ones we had in the Corps and think outfitting one as a camper would be comfortable and also retain it's military heritage.

Do you guys have any opinions? Do the shelters add too much weight?

Will they only fit on the 561 or will they work with 792s as well?

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shelters weigh about 700-1000 pounds depending on what's in them. They won't load down the goat too much. The proper one for the goat is NOT the S-250 shelter, which is a little too wide, you need a S-189 shelter which is the same inside, floor-wise, but the walls are a little more narrow. The S-144 will work as well. They are getting scarce, as the S-250 was more popular for the pickups and was more recently used.

There is a S-189 listed for sale in the SW PA area, for a good price, but it is probably too far for you in FL.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have to remove the litter racks from the sponsons to get the shelter to slide in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks