• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M45A2WLF-W

rice

Originally a Ward Lafrance fire truck before I remove the body and installed a 5 ton drop side. Has a fully insulated cab with heater and defroster. 3300 actual miles, runs great

Attachments

rice

1971 M35A2C

I just bought this 71 from GSA in January 2006 for $878 and drove it 250 miles home with no problems. Didn't even have to add batteries. :p

Attachments

rice

I have had good success with GSA. I bought 2 a 67 and a 68 from GSA last year for less than a 1000 each ans sold both before I got them home. They both ran and drove great. The trucks I've looked at GL just weren't worth what they brought. These 2 I'm keeping.

rice

Thanks,I resprayed it because the paint was faded, but I believe it was the original paint on it. Just a couple small dents on the hood where somebody let it drop against the top. No other dents or rust. I thought about painting it OD, but decided, its been red all of its life, so why change now. I'm glad I stayed with the red. I like the looks I get when I drive it. I'm thinking about doing camo on the M35A2C.

eddiec

truck

Really nice truck. I just purchased a 68 from gsa, but this one is solid yellow, only 7064 miles on it. my question is, did you take the winch off? I noticed the weld on brackets on your front bumper, yours face up, while mine face down only because of my winch. also, do you have any of the original bed left?

ida34

Was that the M45 just auctioned a few weeks ago? If so I ran it up on you. My bread even point was $1000 since I wanted the winch and hard top for my truck.

rice

truck

eddiec said:
Really nice truck. I just purchased a 68 from gsa, but this one is solid yellow, only 7064 miles on it. my question is, did you take the winch off? I noticed the weld on brackets on your front bumper, yours face up, while mine face down only because of my winch. also, do you have any of the original bed left?
This one didn't have a winch. I have the complete bed and pump that came off the truck. The tank is insulated with the heaters in the sides to keep the water from freezing. I'll make you a deal on the bed and tank if you're interested. Below is a picture of how it looked when I got it.

Attachments

rice

ida34 said:
Was that the M45 just auctioned a few weeks ago? If so I ran it up on you. My bread even point was $1000 since I wanted the winch and hard top for my truck.
No, I bought this truck in June of 2005. GSA sold a couple of these in Ga in Jan 2006

Elwenil

Eddiec, to the best of my knowledge, the brackets on the bumper should face up. That was a mod done to a lot of Navy trucks (and others I assume) to use for overhead lifting on trucks that weighed more then the normal Deuce. If your brackets face down, it means someone either added a winch after the brackets were welded on, or someone swiped the bumper off another truck and put it on your winch truck.

rice

The USMC put thes pieces, referred to as paperclips on their deuces and M37's and probably most other trucks as well. Well, you may not lift your truck, but you can tie it down.

eddiec

yeah IDA, that's the one. thanks for the price run up :) . no big deal. let me know what tou want for the bed, mine is missing the front door above the pump, as well as the pump assembly. looks really good red.

rice

Make me an offer. I'd rather see someone use it rather than scrap it. The only thing that was missing is the hose reels.

rice

That's a nice 'little' truck. I might buy it if it was bigger. 1/50 scale is small. If I had a tank like that I could set in or take out when I wanted it would be a close copy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks