• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boat Anchor

Lawrence of Arabia

I went to Lansing today to pick up my gas powered air compressor. As we tried to load it in my CUCV we realized it would not fit. This was after it was dropped off the forklift the first time.

I signed paperwork and informed Joe my employee would be back with our company truck. When my employee got there he was instructed to park far away from the compressor. As the GL rep. loaded it and headed towards our truck he dropped it, and dropped it, and dropped it. When my employee arrived back to the shop, it was on it's side in the back of the truck like it was air dropped through the roof.

So now I have a nice air tank with a bunch of broken useless crap bolted to it.

Gonna file a claim, but I can already geuss how that will turn out.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you removed it from the lot, you may be out of luck...that is, unless the GL employee admits to their wrongdoing. Good luck with your claim!

Lawrence of Arabia

My employee left with it not knowing the process of making a claim. He called me after he pulled out of the gate and asked me how damaged it was the last time I saw it.

I think Joe was flustered as there was another guy there picking something up screaming profanities at Joe for not taking his time loading stuff. I think that guy may have been me if I had been there also.

Armada

That really SUKS! I feel your pain. I also know the compressor you are talking about. There was a little rust on the tank, but it was not damaged. I would have went ballistic first, then told him he just bought himself a compressor. I hope your claim works out in your favor.

powerhouseduece

If you removed it from the lot, you may be out of luck...that is, unless the GL employee admits to their wrongdoing. Good luck with your claim!
Well Gee-golly... that's like that time I got your m105a3 and almots missedt the fact that someone stole the saftey chains off of it! Even Mrs. Sara was pissed abut that!

Good luck with your claim! I'm glad the workers at Meade are such cool/smart people!

Isaac-1

I just wanted to agree, GL really should send their people to Fork Lift Driving school, I bought a trailer mounted diesel powered compressor last summer, when the young Fork Lift driver was loading it onto my trailer, he lifted it by the light end, it fell off the forks onto the trailer, went up onto one end, and almost went over the rest of the way, but thankfully hung their for a second before falling back rightside up. If it would have flipped over there is a chance it might have landed on me, thankfully I am around fork lifts almost every day and have the jump back recations down. I bought another item (generator) from the same site this spring, had the same fork lift operator, and must admit he was much better, and much more safety concerned although still in a bit of a rush.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks