• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel Compressor???

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a compressor at Hooks this week, it is one of the standard military shop type compressors, 15cfm at 175 psi but this one had the standard military engine replaced with what i hope is one of the small two cylinder diesel motors, the red fuel tank and bright steel motor body talked me into bidding about $150 than I would have. I will be next week before I can make it down to Hooks, anyone got any ideas gas or diesel.
James

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you look really close at the tank, you can make out the blurry "Yanmar Diesel" on the tank

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you guys are right, that would be a real catch for me, I have a couple of the small wheel barrow type compressors but this one would give me some serious portable volume!
James

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be a nice compressor none the less, but depending on what you are running, 15 CFM isn't a lot. My smaller shop compressor is about 10 to 12 CFM at 125 PSI, and it doesn't run my little blast pot very good...it'll get the blasting done, but I spend a lot of time waiting for the compressor to catch back up. For air tools and the like, it should work great for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks