• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very Short WB deuce or 5ton.

Josh

this has got the be the shortest wheel base truck ive seen. i was exploring pirate4x4 and happened to click on a link that eventually ended with this picture, dont know if its been posted here before or not, but im having a hell of a time trying to figure out if its a 5ton or a deuce. im guessing those are 1600s, but they might be 395s, i cant tell.

Attachments

Last edited:

gunboy1656

2 quick ways to tell it is a deuce, the front fenders (with wheels being centered) and second, look at the position of the air intake mushroom. On the deuce its right in front of the exhaust, on the 5 tons it is run up toward the front.

FWIW, that is an ugly setup. The truck appears every so often on epay.

Yohan

I hate to be critical of someone elses ride, but that thing is UGLY. I feel bad for the truck.:cry:

Ridgerunner

Rather odd looking, kind of like when you see a midget. On the plus side, it would be hard to get that Deuce high-centered out in the sand when cresting the peak of a sand dune though.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i was actually thinkin about doing somthing similar with one of my truck. i have one truck that i am about to start working on that is going to be strictly for playing in the woods and recoveries of my other toys when i get them stuck in the woods. im doin this cause my nice deuce i just got in october wont be nice long if i take it in the woods. i wanted to shorten mine up to around the wheel base of a tractor and retain the 6x6 instead of bobbing like everyone else does. IMO htye go better off road as 6x6s. the spline slippage is what concerns me though. anybody know how well a 2.5 ton tractor stays together when all flexxed out??

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M275 tractor does just fine in extreme terrain. The intermediate driveshaft is plenty long. This truck would snap u-joints in a heartbeat, what is the driveshaft, about a foot long???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks