• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20x32x14 Maintenance Tent

GoHot229

It is nice.....I'd have thought that over the course of time that GL would have a number of Quansit Huts that would have been sold. That would have been the ticket, cheap and indestructable. On another note: a neighbor has a simmilar shelter as Cruzin28's and it is mabe ten years old with no aparent damage or UV related degredation or rips.

dittle

I like the screen door mod, the original doors on these things don't last too long out in the wind.

cruzinz28

When I found the tent for sale, the original owner used it for ten years with the original canvas cover. About 8 months ago at tunder storm ripped the original cover to shreds. Debris is what I think caused the damage looking at the canvas.

My good friend installs air structures that typically cover tennsi courts and swimming pools during the winter months and that is the material that you see it covered with now. Snaps are used to hold the roll up doors shut when they are closed. The screen door was one of the best modifications I made.

cruzinz28

That is the CBC Shelter for the M105 trailer. It is a sealed enclosure similiar to the S250 shelter excpet it is Fiberglass. Pictures provided were from the gentleman I purchased it from. It has a Deuce rear window in the front now that allows you to pass through from the truck to the enclosure.

Attachments

hellrayzor1

VERY NICE!! thats what I need to keep the sun off me. Garage is a little small, i've actually measured it and tried to figure a way to strech it a couple feet :roll:

MARK

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am in the course of working out a trade for one of those frames.
My plan is to cover it with metal siding turned longways.
Kind of like the old Quonset huts of days gone by.
That will hold me over until I can get the new shop built.

cruzinz28

Wreckerman383 - when the material wears out on the building, that was what I want to go with. I have debated whether or not I should have tried to locate one more 8'-0" section, but then I would have bought more stuff to store in it.

NEIOWA

There is a bunch of the frames on govliq (California as I recall). I just put another one up for fire dept. Doable by yourself except the end canvas section (with door) are a HEAVY PITA.

For some reason the end section 4' sides are not as long as on the intemediate sections. Don't tie down the same/correctly. Or I'm not doing it correctly.

Modern materials have to be great compared to canvas. I have a bunch of insulated liners. Have not installed any yet.

Chief_919

I have one still brand new in the crate, but it sat outside forever so the canavs is questionable. I haven't decieded if I am going to use it or sell it.

If I use it my canavs supplier also can supply me custom heavy duty vinyl tarps like are used the the trucking industry that should be stronger and last longer.

cruzinz28

My original plan was to order insudrial canvas tarps and then close in the ends using wood or metal and install actual garage doors. The fabric was an option my friend offered me once he saw what I had so I went with it.

NEIOWA

Neiowa - Do you know how the insulated liners install??? I have been looking for them but have not located any yet.
Have not installed yet. Unrolled one and they have conduit "purlins" with lightweight chain/hook at each end. Apparently chain hook to the tent "Rafters"/purlins". White in color which should improve light in the tent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks