• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to ID This cable

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the inter vehicle cable used between the tractors and semi trailers. Should sell no problem if you can't use it.

Boatcarpenter

Neil,
First time I tried to plug a trailer plug into my Deuce it wouldn't go. Turned out the female end on the Deuce was turned 90 deg. off from the locator slot in the housing. Had to take it apart and line it up properly then it went in just as it is supposed to. Might check that out if you already haven't.
BC

frodobaggins

frodo I have pushed hard. The outside steel will not fit . I`ll bring them to the Ga rally so they can be checked out ..
Is it catching on something, or is the steel to big or too small ?

Could you take a pic of the connector from the front with a tape measure over it ?

Are you sure the connector on your truck is not messed up ?

Mysteries, gotta love 'em :)

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Frodo ,, The round piece is the same size on both the male and female ends, The deuce is ok, I pull the 105 all the time , I will take pics tomorrow. Mystery HMMMMMM:roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assure you it will fit. I assure you it's a tractor trailer cable. Spray it down with silicone or WD, that may help. Some are just a bear to get in.

AMGeneral

Sorry to disagree with you on this one Kenny,that's not a intervehicular cable for a tractor,they have male(pins exposed) ends on both ends.I just happen to have one here for the 10 tons,will post pics tomorrow evening.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps there are more than one design Brandon. That one looks exactly like the 2 I had on my 275. Both ends look the same the neds on this cable. Neil, have an NSN on that cable? Maybe I can find the NSN.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems a little short for the tractor-semitrailer cable, mine is about 10 ft long...

The "hot" contacts in any assembly should be female, so this cable should have one male and one female connector.

The NSN for mine is 2590-00-815-5925 (took a while to dig up).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks