• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I be worried yet?

79driver

Cause i am. :-(

This is my first post on here, i have been reading the forum for about 3 months or so. I bought a duece Through GL about a couple months ago. (7/31/09) to be exact. Sent in the EUC and had to make a revision and EUC was sent to Battle Creek on 8/10/09.

So fast forward several weeks i get a letter from the DLA Accountability office on 9/2/09. I get excited after reading on here that approval/paid invoice usually follows within a week or less. So me being the impatient 21 year old i am waits about a week and gets on live chat to see if my "paid in full" invoice was getting close and maybe i could get the process sped up. The person on Live Chat was helpful and informed me that i had been "approved" but they were waiting for my paperwork to get to their office (I assume this "paperwork" that they were waiting on was coming to them from Battle Creek)This was on 9/9 or 9/10 i believe.

So last friday (9/18/09) i call on the phone as i have still got nothing. The person i talked to told me that "they were waiting on my paperwork to come back to them" (just like they said on live chat) i asked how long that usaully takes and was told "usually no more that a week". I explained that it had been at least two weeks and basically got the response of "sorry bout your luck" (those werent the words used but that was the attidude i got.)

So now the magic "45 days" is 3 or 4 days away are they going to cancel the sale or give me my truck or what? It makes me angry that they took my money within hours of the action close but will take their sweet time on giving you what you paid for. I guess mainly with this post i am just looking for advice or maybe someone to tell be this happens all the time or something. The auction was #4495 it was a duece and a half at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. Has anyone been able to get theirs yet (or are you in the same boat ss me?) Edit: From another post i read several others may be in the same boat as me

ddskehan

your a lucky one. I'm still waiting on my euc to get approved for the same auction 4495. I'm trying not to freak thou. I have successfully taken sh*t from my wife for 2 months now and she just recently stopped. I don't want to go thru the nagging again if I have to bid on another one.

Nonotagain

I don't know of anyone that received a letter from DLA that was not approved. I think the letter is the last step in the EUC process besides the completed form being sent back to GL for their records.

You have two choices.

Send GL a certified letter with a copy of the DLA letter and ask if they can see if the approval has been received and possibly lost within the GL world.

Sit back for another couple of days and see if your status changes to "Customer Notified."

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try not to worry about it because it's out of your control. It's just your government and GL hard at work :wink:. You have done all you can do on your end so now it's up to them.

ddskehan

I sent a message to gl last night. today they replied that it's ready. My paid invioce is ready for printing. considering i'm blackfoot and irish. I wasn't sure if I would have been doing a war dance or dancing an irish jig. Irish jig won out!! now to get it picked up, checked out and delivered. Thanks everyone for telling me it would work out. It did!

79driver

I sent a message to gl last night. today they replied that it's ready. My paid invioce is ready for printing. considering i'm blackfoot and irish. I wasn't sure if I would have been doing a war dance or dancing an irish jig. Irish jig won out!! now to get it picked up, checked out and delivered. Thanks everyone for telling me it would work out. It did!
After reading your post i called them and was fortunate enough to talk to a guy that i had talked to before that was helpful. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes to talk to someone in the EUC dept and when he came back he said i sould have the email tommorow. So the next day (which was yesterday) i got the email and i talked to the site manager today and i will get the truck sometime in the next two weeks. (I have a friend with a truck and trailer, we just have to find a time we can both go.) i am relieved and happy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks