• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New engine

poppop

Just installed an NOS A2 engine in the MUTT. The old engine had a bad cylinder that woukl foul the plug if you ran slow very long. Slow on the Farm right now so swapped her out. The new engine started right up after a few taps on the Carb to get gas flowing. Amazing for an engine that probably was built 25 or 30 years ago. The new engine is strong. I had no idea the old one was so weak as it ran good as long as you worked it. Also changed out the rear differintial which was howling like a banshee. Installed rubber shims under the new one and it is amazingly noise free. Someone had installed the clutch plate backwards which had torn up the pilot bearing. The release bearing sounded dry so replaced it also. Clutch works much better now. The MUTT is in much better shape now.:-D:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got pics Lloyd? I'm jonesing for a MUTT and have been for a long time. Perhaps before I pass, I'll find one (in my skimpy price range)!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like your in good shape now, Lloyd!

Kenny, you could always get one, one piece at a time...

poppop

Get one Kenny, they are lots of fun. I have two more NOS engines if you find one needing one.

Yep Eric, it should run forever no more miles than I put on it.

maxim

Lookin good Lloyd. Thats great to get the Poppop putt putt Mutt going so you can give the grandbabies rides around the ranch!

I don't have a Mutt , but got this Cj wanna be M38/MB that I drive around the farm and give the grand kids rides...the big trucks are cool but the little guys love the ride in the woods where it is too overgrown for a big truck. Giving a second life to them old engines and drive trains is cool and ya, it is amazing they still will run with only half the factory compression. And working on them is a little bit less strain on the body.

Attachments

poppop

Yep Maxim, the grandkids love the Mutt and going for a ride in it on the Farm. They got to drive it last couple of times they were home. I have also let them drive the five ton with me riding on the running board beside them. You should see the grin on a six year olds face when he is driving a truck that big. And yes we were in the 100 acre field behind my house and not on a road. Did'nt matter where he turned there was nothing to hit.

dozenjeeps

m-151A1

Just finished my M-151A1 and she looks pretty good, will try to post some pictures but maybe at least my avatar witll show it... got a M151a2 also that I have to go get in Florida, and I live in Wisconsin... long way to haul but I guess if you like em what can you do...

dozenjeeps

m151A2

Hi, I own some investment property and one of my renters wanted to trade the jeep for the rent that he owes me... I love the M151A1 so I thought the A2 would be a nice addition... I usually go down there for a month or so in the winter anyway so this year I will need to purchase a trailer to put it on and bring her back... pulling my empty trailer all the way there is not a option??? want to buy a nice restored m170?? I will bring that down and deliver it to you and that way my trailer won't bounce all the way!!!!! craig

dozenjeeps

m151A2

Yes I think it is as I saw the jeep last year and he is also giving me a trailer and spare parts, so it will be great... I was at a auction last month and bought tow complete engines and trannys so I am pretty well set for this style of jeep....take care

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks