• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need info about V100 wheels. HELP!

donkdonk

I need info on V100 wheels compared to M35 wheels. I have a guy that wants some of the HEMTT beadlocks that I recenter for the deuce and I see that they have the same bolt pattern and I think the axles are the same width as well?

Any help would be great!

B3.3T

V-100 wheels are for 14:00x20 tires, have a centered offset, and the same bolt pattern as the M35. They are also made of unobtainium.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I believe the axles are a tad wider. Try one of the ones you have already done on it. Charge for your time, but not too much, don't want to run him off right away!

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
The V-100 wheels are 10"w x 20" as are the 5t super single combat rims , or HEMTT rims. They might would work if you re-centered them. Someone else here was doing this for a deuce and half application.

I have a set of V-150 wheels (not shown/not for sale) that had their 10 holes(and center) welded up and then machined down. They have ~10-1/2" backspacing. The V-150 used 5t axles.

The V uses a 9-1/4" backspacing wheel (mounting surface to back edge of lip). They have the std 6 bolt deuce pattern w/same 6-1/2" center hole. The V may be able to gain an inch of backspacing but not much more as the rear tires will get too close to vertical hull surface. The could probably loose a few inches w/o problems(?).

The V wheels locking rings have larger lips and flanges (than std 5t wheels for 1100x20 tires). I would guess the Supersingle and HEMTT wheels also have the larger lips because they are using 1400x20's. I was told the std 5t locking ring works on the V wheels even though the channel in wheel is wider. That wide channel can be seen in the last picture. The other side of the rim (inside) has a wide band to accommodate the channel.

You might also be able to use the M35A3 wheel. They are wide enough. I am not sure what backspacing those have but they look close.

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the word, can you do the 9 1/2" backspacing? I just got my set of spare rims for the V100 out to get them powdercoated, and while cleaning them up found that they are actually 21x10's! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!:evil:

Now I need another set of rims...

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks