• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m274 Gas Tank: KILO CO. 3rd MAR DIV

Comancheartist

AH-HO! Pavees Hello Friends

This is my first posting on SS, I started collecting militaria long ago. The reason we got a mule was to carry the wounded vets, that had a hard time walking in the Veterans Day Parades. I'am now cleaning up, and buying parts, First the operator's footrest, Then the Gas Tank....... While taking out the filter, Cap and Plug, I started chipping paint and found a color 3rd MAR DIV painted patch and hand lettering "k CO. also a line and NO GAS...ABOVE...THIS LINE, centered type, in yellow spray paint, Stencil 1" letters. Lookin up K Co 3rd MAR DIV they served in Vietnan, Da Nang & DMZ, The question is, is she a Veteran? Did she come back in 1971? She is an October 1969, Brunswick m274a5.

Our Veterans group is called NAM ,Native American Military. We are a Color Guard at Pow Wows & Ceramonies. The Native Americans always honor their Veterans first.

Looking forward to a long friendship... Gordon (Flash), USAF 1969-73.

Last edited:

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to say, but more than likely she did not go over there, most of the Mules that were in country were the early 4 cylinders, a few A2s and later versions did make it to nam. The vast majority of the Nam pictures you will find have M274 and M274A1s. This is not ruling out that your mule was not over there, but just that the odds are against it. Most of the mules that were taken over were left.

Jason

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site! Another Mule guy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks