• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military perfume

SGT FROST

I was thinking of buying a new M38A1 canvas top from one of the vendors we see and wondered if it would smell good , like A hot duce cab on a sunny afternoon , or just look new and smell new. I have a new canvas duce top I hate too cut up to fit for a jeep,has anyone been there done that. I wanted the top to look like canvas and smell like canvas . Thanks 4 your info Dan...

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you get one from New Life Canvas or WeeBee Webbing, it will look, feel, and smell just like the original. You'll love it. The wife/gf will probably hate it, but that's too bad. I can't stand Chanel No 5, myself! :twisted:

FrankUSMC

Lifer
That is how the Bride got me......she saw my gun collection and switched from Chanel No.5 to Hoppes No.9. I did not stand a chance!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

SGT FROST

Thanks Lifer, I was not sure what I was getting into. What is your opinion on this idea,1.should I pay a man to make a jeep top at his shop out of cutting up a like new canvas from a deuce , or 2 , call the folks and get the top ,sidecovers, then doors and frames . I don't know the cost difference yet plus frieght ,and #3 how much is the deuce cover new old style worth to sell to cover the all of the above investment .Your opinion and others is appreaciated. Thanks ,,SGT FROST p.s I got the top RIGHT:wink:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Lifer, I was not sure what I was getting into. What is your opinion on this idea,1.should I pay a man to make a jeep top at his shop out of cutting up a like new canvas from a deuce , or 2 , call the folks and get the top ,sidecovers, then doors and frames . I don't know the cost difference yet plus frieght ,and #3 how much is the deuce cover new old style worth to sell to cover the all of the above investment .Your opinion and others is appreaciated. Thanks ,,SGT FROST p.s I got the top RIGHT:wink:
I'd recommend contacting one of the repro suppliers (your choice) and ordering it from them. They will be guaranteed to fit (made to milspec). I would definately NOT cut up any deuce canvas! There are plenty of deuce owners who would be glad to buy it from you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks