• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air vents suck brake powder on my m1009.

mezc

Finally I clean the interior so good anyone could eat from the dash if you want, a couple days later I found a dust layer all over the dash, I had a closet look because it was shine and gray-black colored and I can confirm is brake pad material, I check my fenders an all the plastic protector/separators all them are in place and looks seal, is there any filter media on these vents? Are they still using asbestos on these pads?

Attachments

papercu

How did you confirm "brake pad material"? On normal wear you may get some dust on the wheels or if you blew the brakes off with a air gun you could see the powder but I find it hard to believe your brake pads are wearing out that fast in two days.
The vent should get the air from the cowl panel (next to the hood). Wayne

Last edited:

mezc

You are right, I just got this m1009 after being seating for a couple years the brakes were scrambling by them self, and rotors were oxidized wearing the pads exponentially.

I found the same brake powder and metal oxide on the rims, I put 2000 miles on this truck the first two weeks, just to decide if I should go ahead and restore it, It pass the test, I love it the engine is great is leaking everywhere but I’ll get it fix.

In a normal use still I think some dust is going to get in to the cabin, so I am going to put some filter media and see how bad it gets after a couple months.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks