• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prices Deleted from ads... WHY?

Yohan

It must be the Price Filter. Try loweing your prices and you shouldn't have any more problems. :-D I'm only kidding! I don't know why this would happen unless you're opening up your ad to edit and clearing the price OR maybe you have entered the price using the wrong format? I only have one ad and the price has never dissappeared. I've edited the ad a few times, too. Maybe a mod would know more than I (I'm sure!).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the answer here. Maybe when Mangus gets on he will be able to explain this.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, I brought this issue up to Mike today, hopefully he will have some info.

Nonotagain

Why do the prices keep disappearing from my ads in the classifieds?
If the price just disappears from the price field but still remains in the body of tyour ad, try inserting the price without using the $ dollar sign.

I don't know why, but of the ad's that I have posted if I used the $ dollar sign in the price field once I viewed the ad the price was gone.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that you mention this, I posted a for sale add for a multifuel I had for sale. I could have sworn I entered a price in the correct box but I got a bunch of PMs asking for a price. Well I go and look and low and behold there is no price. I thought I must have just forgotten to put it in but it may have been deleted like happened to you. I edited the add and put the price back in but I guess I need to look and see if it's still there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having a similar problem - I have several items listed, most of them I have lowered the prices on by editing the ads over the past several months. But when the ad is automatically relisted, it relists at the original price. Not the new price. Not sure what is going on, but something in the classified section is screwy. :cry:

Yohan

I have three ads, but have never changed the price on any of them and no problems. There is an explanation on the format to follow when entering a price, which says not to use dollar signs. Maybe that's part of the problem? :?:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ever was entered in the price field when the ad was first submitted, is what appears when the ad recycles itself. A couple of times that I have submitted an ad, I know I had the price in the box (correctly) and it vanished after I clicked the button. Now I had suspected that my PC running WinME and Netscape 7.2 was the problem there. (Many problems showed up when this site switched to its current software :evil: but that's another story........)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks