• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old birds

Engine5

From Worcester Ma today.

Attachments

Engine5

WM, yes they do belong to the Collins Foundation. The aircraft are beautiful. They had a raffle for rides. Lisa nephew won a ride to Plymouth MA, I was hoping to win so I could send my 10 YO nephew with my brother. Maybe next year. Tm I am going to go up and watch them take off. They have an F4 Phantom and a Me 262 also. But they did not bring them this time. I would pay for a Phanton ride in a heart beat. I wish I knew of a MV collector with WW2 era trucks to park next to them just to top it off. I will post pics of the take off if I make it up tm. Glad you guys liked them.

Carl_in_NH

When the foundation is doing rides out of Nashua, they fly a circuit out to the west that has them pass just to the north of my house, and then make a nice long sweeping 180 degree turn back to the east. They return to Nashua about one to two miles to my south, where I have a nice view of them. There's nothing like the sound of those big piston engines when they fly by. It's a wonderful sight to behold.

WarrenD

FWIW, Collings Foundation will be having their annual WW2 re-enactment Columbus weekend (Sat/Sun). Hopefully the weather will co-operate, it's always a good show. There is a rumor running around that there might be a third tank this year.
Guess I should say it'll be in Stow, MA.

Last edited:

wb1895

I had the pleasure of riding on the B-17 "Liberty Belle" from central NC to Charleston SC about a two hour ride!!!!! Once we were off the ground the pilot gave us the thumbs up to move where ever we wanted to look, except the ball turret (dang it) It was one of the greatist experences of my life!!! The greatist thing was sitting in the bombadiers seat and looking through the Nordin Bomb Sight as the ground passed by!!!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm sure a ride in a B-17 is a thrilling experience; just out of curiosity, what does this cost?
When I flew a few years ago it was $400.00 per person....my youngest son and I took the flight....as I said, it was money well spent.
Also on our flight was a Veteran B-17 crewman, his son and grandson. He was a cool old guy...decorated due to being shot down, wounded and having survived a bailout and two crashes. There will never be another generation like those guys.
When I was growing up one of my favorite TV shows was "12 O'clock High"...that began my lifelong love of warbirds....if I was rich I would own planes instead of trucks.

scooter01922

Why is it that i never find out where the cool planes are till after they have already departed??? Is there a mailing list i should be on or something??? If i'm correct those are the same planes that i missed seeing 2 weeks ago at the beverly airport....:-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks