• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW wrecker set #7

swordmd

I have a cckw-352 with a wrecker set #7 I need a manual for this or just the TM number so I will know what to look for. I do not have the chain hoist so I need a pic of it and size so I can find one, Thank You

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting that Clinto, I needed the hoist pics/info as well. How did you end up with that one? CMS auction?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, I will post up all my pics when I get home. I don't have them on this machine.

A friend of mine turned me on to it on a GSA auction. It was super duper cheap but I had to burn $150 worth of gas to recover it (this was when gas was in excess of $4 a gallon).

It works, but the bearing that the big wheel rides on has failed and it's been out in the rain for decades, so once I get my torch setup, I am going to take it apart and fix it.

At that point I am either going to hang it in the back of one of the deuces or sell it. Haven't decided. I do need a way to pick heavy stuff up and this is a lot cheaper than a wrecker.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I ran out of daylight last night, I will try to shoot some more pics tonight and look for a weight capacity on the hoist.

I know the frame is rated for at least 3K lbs., I saw a warning label on a hoist on a truck from GL.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Finally!

I got a chance to shoot it today. First time i have been at home during the daylight when it wasn't raining!

Let me know if you need anything else and I will see what I can do. ;-)

Attachments

Reactions: NDT

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone come across one of these chainfalls and want to sell it, please PM me now or in the future. I need one to complete my Set No 7.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manual is in the resources section. It is pretty small and easy to print out.

emr

I think there may be a chain hoist that may work in the want adds in the MTA newsletter. 201 291 9663 if U want to ask him about it, do not know anything about it, other than it is a chajn hoist, and may get u by...Randy

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
First time I have seen the #7 hoist in action...... enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9XDcynAKq0[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks