• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy to Aberdeen (MD) Rally

CGarbee

We will be running the East Coast Convoy to the Aberdeen (MD) MV Rally again this year. Scheduled arrival of the convoy in Aberdeen is Thursday, May 11, 2006. Past convoys have included participants from Canada down to Florida and as far west as Arizona... We have several serial groups that orriginate up and down the eastern seaboard that converge on the rally near the Aberdeen Proving Grounds (rally is actually held at Ripken Stadium).

There is no cost to participate in the convoy, and you do not have to have a military vehicle do participate.

Not only is particpation in the convoy a lot of fun and a great way to meet fellow historic military vehicle enthusiast, its a great way to enjoy a little peace of mind on the trip to the rally since you have safety in numbers...

Website for the convoy is:
http://eastcoastconvoy.mangusnet.com/

Website for the rally is:
http://www.wacbgmvt.org/ecr/index.html

Hope to see a bunch of you at the rally and in the convoy,
CGarbee
Convoy Commander, 2006 East Coast Convoy

CGarbee

Yeah, we always struggle with the schedule... Lots of folks hate that we miss the first day of the rally, lots of folks can't take more time off from work. Folks from the South end up taking at least two days to make the trip...etc...
If you can't join in the convoy, at least stop by and say hello when you do get to the rally...

You can order shirts directly from Mike Pop. even if you don't participate in the convoy and we'll get them to you... http://eastcoastconvoy.mangusnet.com/TeeShirt.htm

mangus580

Some of us already plan to be there by the time the convoy arrives too. Me and E22, will probably duck out of the rally to come meet up with the convoy in aberdeen at the finally meetin gplace.

rfischba1

This will be my fiest rally, just bought a M32A2 w/w, will drive up from Ft. Meade MD, can I pick up and join the rally someplace in MD?

CGarbee

rfischba1 said:
This will be my fiest rally, just bought a M32A2 w/w, will drive up from Ft. Meade MD, can I pick up and join the rally someplace in MD?

We've got several meeting spots in MD where you can join up with the convoy depending on where you actualy are... Some of the "feeder serial" routes are not listed on the convoy website since we have to see who registeres and where they are before we can plan routes and group folks togother. The main convoy route and meeting locations are posted.

Go ahead and register and we'll get it all figured out... It's a lot of fun (and the rally is as well...). :)

gasser

anyone leaving from GA or FL to join up with the Yellow Serial Group? I am leaving Wednesday morning from ATL, playing catchup, and want to see if anyone want to join me somewhere.

-graham

CGarbee

Graham,
In past years, I could hoook you up with a few folks heading up from Columbia, SC, but they are all skipping this year, or driving up for just the weekend in civilian vehicles (work schedules are killing a lot of folk's travel plans it seems...). Had a few folks in Western NC who could join you just north of Charlotte, NC, but they have also bailed...
Looks like the closest meeting with currently registered convoy participants will be in Henderson, NC (on I85 at US1 north of Raleigh/Durham...).
We need to convince some folks from GA/SC to join the convoy and ride with you... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks