• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It took a Deuce.....

aboonski

No effort whatsoever! I wanted to be sure the I wouldn't get stuck because of the lack of trees around the immediate area to latch onto. The tow rope behind the Ford snapped when I started pulling the Ford out. He had his truck running and all four wheels were turning while I was bringing in the line and he still had zero traction because the mud was so slick! When I started pulling on the Chevy it started listing pretty bad on towards the driver's side but when it pulled loose from the vacuum of the mud it straightened out and it was like pulling the bare cable - no real load at all. I had them do all the ground pounding to hook up the cable, etc. and did not get wet during the entire ordeal. This area of Melbourne is probably the very last bit of undeveloped land but will soon be sold for another community of deed-restricted homes with "association fees" and postage-stamp lots. I would never live in a "deed restricted community"!

Blood_of_Tyrants

My son lives in his MIL's house on postage stamp lot. The kids literally have to place to play so they LOVE coming to Mimi and Poppy's house and running until their little legs are too tired to carry them. They like riding in the back of Poppy's big truck, too.

You can bet that one of the deed restrictions will be that you can't have cool vehicles like deuces in your driveway. If a deuce would eve fit in the driveway.

Capt.Marion

My son lives in his MIL's house on postage stamp lot. The kids literally have to place to play so they LOVE coming to Mimi and Poppy's house and running until their little legs are too tired to carry them. They like riding in the back of Poppy's big truck, too.

You can bet that one of the deed restrictions will be that you can't have cool vehicles like deuces in your driveway. If a deuce would eve fit in the driveway.
I'm surrounded by these types of developments (the three immediately surrounding our lot have 500+ homes in no more than 75 acres each...). I've driven through them, but never tried to go park in someone's driveway for fear that I would have no way to turn around and get back to the main drag.

Kalashnikov

Did that Ford even have good tires on it? That's why I have a 12k lb winch on my truck. I've been stuck too many time to deal with that. It's such a relief knowing that I can be out in a few minutes when I get stuck. You certainly made those guys' day!

aboonski

The Ford had pretty big tires on it but not sure if they were for mud. It also had a very loud turbo (the truck was diesel) and all kinds of power but no traction. This was not in Canaveral Groves - never been up that way but have heard things can get bad in there too. I have been to Suburban Estates in Holopaw and got stuck in the mud driving my M1008A1 - pretty soon I will have H1 run-flats on that truck so I don't anticipate getting bagged down in there again. Suburban Estates is a pretty neat place to own property but not very secure if you leave anything around for very long. I have even heard about a deuce getting ripped off as an example of the theft that takes place there. Miles and miles of unpaved roads to explore inside the Suburan Estates compound. I did a few videos when I drove through there with my buddy Lavarok - he pulled me out of the mud with his deuce or I would still be there!

mudguppy

actually, that looks like somewhere out by Sarno Extension, or maybe the Grid?

i haven't been there in a looonng time...

and, for those of you that don't know, there is no other mud as sticky as black FL goop.

ucfjeeper

I own property out at Suburban Estates. It's right down the road from me. If you ever happen to be there and see the jeep (right now it's black w/ red doors) stop over and say hey.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks