• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce recovery, i am an idiot !

tory

i drove the duece to my buddies house. i thought i'd just pull off to the side of the road a bit. it had been raining and the whole side of the ditch caved in.:oops: at first all the left tires were in the air and the fuel tank was touching the ground. in the few minutes if took to get the chain and my buddy the right side had sunk down even further, thus alowing the left side to touch the ground, super ! here should be a video (finger's crossed) now notice me point out the recovery point in the begging, Nigel, my buddy hooked up to the step on the front bumper. guess what, it's a strong f-ing step !
the "chirping" noise is the 5,600 pound front and rear locker'd range rover dragging my happy butt free. so watch out for ditches and black ranger rovers !!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmvBXnkfCg[/media]

hope the link works ! :grin:
tory

bigelk50

Ouch that hurts the pride a bit. Glad every one is ok. You now know one thing a deuce is not good for! Wow you were deep!!

ida34

Tory,
I found your problem. You spell Deuce wrong. Fix that and the truck will not lay down on you in ditches.

nhdiesel

Nice extraction, although I'd be a little embarrassed that little Rover pulled out a Deuce. Good thing it wasn't REALLY stuck!

Jim

JTugwell

Nice extraction, although I'd be a little embarrassed that little Rover pulled out a Deuce. Good thing it wasn't REALLY stuck!

Jim
well at least it was your buddy that got you out, and not a random guy driving home from soccer practice. however if your land rover buddy is as cocky as some of my jeep friends i would have just held the brakes on while he tried to pull me out. let em break a drive shaft. would have been worth getting a ticket to not hear that for the rest of my natural life. :grin:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the recovery!

Glad she knows how to "lay down", let's hope that she never demonstrates her "Roll Over" Trick for you.

BTW: Can you spell O-P-E-R-A-T-O-R . . . E-R-R-O-R :?:

LOL

[edit: spelling & punctuation]

Last edited:

Engine5

:nothingfunny:=USAFSS-ColdWarrior;457291]Congrats on the recovery!

Glad she know how to "lay down", let's hope that she never demonstrates her "Roll Over" Trick" for you.

BTW: Can you spell O-P-E-R-A-T-O-R . . . E-R-R-O-R :?:

rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks