• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Lewis GL to Pull Tire Lots??

bigelk50

Today I won some 1600s, Finally. Got a good deal too (IMO)... Now this....

I got a phone call tonight from a buddy saying that all of the tire lots that sold today at Ft. Lewis are being pulled. They have run flats in them and the Gov. got picky about that. Now all of the tires new or not are going to the shredder. He called up there to talk about the tires he bought.

Just great......:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Guess I will wait for the e mail.

bigelk50

Mike not sure on the e mail Thane did the bidding and he never got anything. Todd said normally he gets an email shortly after it ends. He never did so he made the call. They were going to pull the lots before they went up for bid, but never did. Who knows, I will know more tomorrow. Did you bid on anything?

wsucougarx

Well, I did bid on the 15.5 but then I realized that they would probably be too bid for the deuce. On flat ground no problem but with offroad use I think they'd be too big. Not sure how those tires would do with the articulating rear end. I gave up around $600, plus I was at work and got outbidded anyways. The reward emails typically will come around 2200 hours the day of winning.

Chief_919

I think some of the runflat inserts are demil B or Q and require an EUC- if this was not an EUC sale that could explain it.

wsucougarx

Bummer. Sorry to hear that guys. Any chance they'll remove the runflats and re-list the wheels/tires?
Nah, this is GL we're talking about. The least amount of effort is the road they choose. Still laughing about the trailers they had listed over the winter. They could have easily taken a broom to a trailer to wipe some of the snow off. Rather they took a pic of a mound of snow and called that good:roll:

wsucougarx

Well there was about 2-3 ft of snow on top of the trailers and snow drifts around them. The only thing you could make out was a pintle and a silhouette of one tire:roll:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was awarded a lot of 16 mounted tires & wheels too. Got the notification of the award, and while waiting for the invoice, got the notification that the lot had been pulled as it was Demil Classification B, requires EUC.

Perhaps if they had listed the lots correctly as requiring EUC the sales could have proceeded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks