• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the family

jfnemt1ff1

While here its is my long hunt for a wrecker that is a little diffrent is over. I just bought an M543a1 with the mack engine it will need a little tlc but for the most part it was what I have been looking for. Here are some pics,still working on the transport would love to get it home before the weather changes.
John

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've seen pictures of that truck on here before. Just can't recall where.
Here in the classifieds in California.

Congrats on your Mack wrecker!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen pictures of that truck on here before. Just can't recall where.

Me too!

Congrats on the Wrecker! Please keep us updated as it comes home and gets fixed up!

jfnemt1ff1

Thanks ya its been on the sale ads here on and off. And I have been thinking about it as long as it was posted here. I think I got my ducks in a row and found out as much info from here and the seller (nice guy) to go ahead with the sale.
John
PS: Oh I forgot I had to convince my wife that I needed one (ie I can lift the trusses now when we build the house and barn:roll:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
John, thats only an 11 hour drive from my place by normal car. I bet I could be up there with my wrecker in 3 days. Let me know if you need help with the trusses.

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seller is G-744 (Dennis Gilliam). Dennis is a real straight shooter and has been a part of the hobby along time. He has some very cool stuff there in the Dez.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the "Old Hooker" club.
These vehicles are amazing pieces of equipment.......but be careful...most operations are a minimum of a two man job.
Winching and using the crane reqires close coodination between an operator and a spotter/hook up man.
Have a great time and be careful.

AMGeneral

Congrats on the wrecker!! I was tempted by it for a while,but funds just weren't there.

You'll be happy with the Mack,awsome torque and power under load,you'll wonder what you ever did without it!!

(I have 3 of them myself):mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks